
Escape to Paradise: Fullano B&B, Brazil's Hidden Gem
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the jungle – the Brazilian jungle of Escape to Paradise: Fullano B&B. Forget those sterile, cookie-cutter hotel reviews. This is the REAL DEAL, a messy, glorious, and totally honest account of a place that promises paradise… and mostly delivers! (Spoiler Alert: You will want to pack your bags.)
First Impressions (and a Little Grumble):
Getting to paradise? Well, that's a bit of an adventure in itself. Accessibility? Okay, let's be real. This place is, well, Brazilian. Things are…relaxed. I mean, they say facilities for disabled guests, but you'll want to double-check exactly what that means. Think "charming rustic" rather than "ADA compliant."
The drive in? Let's just say my GPS was… optimistic. The roads? Not so much. But hey, that's part of the charm, right? (I'm still saying that mainly to justify the potholes that nearly swallowed my rental car.) Luckily, they offer airport transfer – USE IT. Seriously. Save yourself the stress.
The Room: My Sanctuary (and a Few Quirks):
Okay, the room. The heart of any good stay! The internet access? Yes! Gloriously, wonderfully FREE Wi-Fi in all rooms. Praise the digital gods! No need to even use Internet [LAN] - who even uses that anymore? The bed was HUGE. Like, seriously… I could have comfortably hosted a small orchestra on that thing. The air conditioning? Crucial. Absolutely crucial. And the blackout curtains? Genius. Sleep in late? Absolutely!
The bathroom? Private, yes. Decent size, yes. Extra toilet? Nope, but that's okay. Shower? Shower was good! Also, I noticed there was a bathtub, but I'm not sure I even had a chance to test it. Bathrobes? Yes. Slippers? Also yes!
Now for the minor issues. The soundproofing? Okay, let's just say I heard every bird singing (and the occasional overly enthusiastic conversation from the next room) through the night. Also, the decor wasn't exactly "minimalist chic." Think "rustic charm meets your grandma's attic." But hey, that added to the experience, right? I mean, isn't that the thing about B&Bs?
Food, Glorious Food (and the Occasional Belly Rumble):
Okay, the food. Here's where Fullano B&B really shines. Forget the chain restaurants – this is culinary heaven. Breakfast? Breakfast [buffet]! Western AND Asian options! The coffee? Rich, dark, and STRONG enough to wake the dead. (Or, you know, get you moving before noon.) And the fresh fruit? Oh. My. Goodness. Melons you could cry over. And the coffee shop right there? A welcome touch.
Lunch and Dinner? The restaurants are a must-try. International cuisine, and Asian specialities, all prepared with love and a healthy dose of Brazilian flair. The poolside bar is THE place to be in the afternoon. The poolside bar had a great happy hour that was hard to resist.
My Experience: Spa Day to Remember (And a Bit of a Meltdown):
Now, here's where things get interesting. I decided, after the brutal potholes and jet lag, that I needed pampering. A real spa day. So, I signed up for the full shebang: Body scrub, body wrap, massage… the works.
The setting? Pure bliss. The pool with a view? Spectacular. The spa itself? Small, intimate, and with a definite "rustic chic" vibe (think, again, a touch of your grandma's attic, but in a good way this time!).
The massage… Oh, the massage. It started well. The masseuse clearly knew her stuff. I relaxed. I forgot about my troubles. I almost fell asleep…
…Then, the music. It was tranquil Brazilian folk music, playing nice soothing sounds in the background… but It wouldn’t start playing. There were some hiccups with it, maybe some software issues, but eventually it came to life. And then it stopped again halfway through my massage.
My relaxation was broken! I nearly lost it! I wanted to scream. I wanted to cry. And then… I started to laugh. Because, you know, Brazil. Things don't always go as planned. And that's part of the charm, right?
The body wrap? Gorgeous. The scrub, too! The masseuse even noticed my slight frustration and was very apologetic. In the end, I walked out feeling…okay.
The lesson? Lower your expectations, embrace the chaos, and bring your own music if you're particular. Even with the music hiccups, it's very easy to wind down the tension.
Chill time The sauna was a place to relax. The steamroom also provided a good place relax. The gym/fitness had a couple of fitness bars to keep you fit during your stay.
Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Secure-ish:
You can't fault Fullano B&B on this front. They're taking things seriously. Daily disinfection in common areas. Room sanitization between stays. Hand sanitizer everywhere. Staff trained in safety protocol. They've even got those anti-viral cleaning products.
They even had a doctor/nurse on call and a first aid kit.
Okay, the hotel chain might be a bit more…sterile, but the cleaning and safety did bring some relief.
The Perks (and the Things That Might Surprise You):
Things to do: There's actually a surprising amount to do. The staff can organize activities.
For the kids: They're family/child friendly! They also have kids facilities.
Services and conveniences:
- Daily housekeeping? Check.
- Luggage storage? Check.
- Laundry service? Check.
- Breakfast in room? Of course.
- Ironing service? Yes, they're helpful.
- Cash withdrawal and currency exchange? Also check.
- Concierge? Yes for questions and concerns.
Things to consider:
- Pets allowed? Unavailable. Sorry, Fluffy.
- Smoking area? Yes.
- Fire extinguisher? Yes.
- Safety deposit boxes? Yes.
- The occasional lack of perfection that only adds to the charm.
Now, For the Pitch: A Messy Proposal for Your Paradise Escape!
Listen up, you weary traveler! You, who craves adventure but also needs a comfortable bed. You, who wants to escape the ordinary and dive headfirst into something real, something authentic, something…Brazilian!
Fullano B&B isn't perfect. It's not always polished. Sometimes, things go a little…sideways. But that’s the whole point! That’s the beauty! It's a place where you can…
- Wake up with the jungle
- Eat food that actually tastes good
- Relax (mostly)
- Embrace the unexpected
Here's my offer:
Book your stay at Escape to Paradise: Fullano B&B now.
Don't expect clinical perfection. Expect an adventure. Expect to discover a hidden gem. Expect to laugh, maybe cry a little, and definitely make memories that you'll be telling stories about for years to come.
Limited availability! Don't miss your chance to get away from it all. Click that button, book your room, and prepare to lose yourself in the beauty and chaos of Brazil!
Unbelievable Rishiri Island Views: Rishiri Fuji Kanko Hotel Awaits!
Fullano Bed & Breakfast – Brazil: A Messy, Beautiful Adventure (Or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Mosquito Bites)
Day 1: Arrival – The Promised Land (and the Unexpected Humidity)
- Morning (or what passes for it after a 14-hour flight): Arrive at Guarulhos International Airport (GRU). Ugh. Airports. That sterile, fluorescent-lit purgatory where dreams go to die…or at least to get tangled in security lines. The good news? My luggage (mostly) survived! The bad news? I'm pretty sure I sweat a gallon just walking from immigration to baggage claim. So. Much. Humidity.
- Transportation: Pre-booked a transfer to Fullano Bed & Breakfast. Blessedly, the driver spoke some English. He also looked like he might have been an extra in a cartel movie, but hey, he got me there! The drive offered my first glimpse of Brazilian life - crumbling buildings, vibrant murals, and a general sense of organized chaos. I was already loving it.
- Afternoon: Arrived at Fullano. The pictures online… well, they were kind of accurate. The B&B itself is a charming, slightly-worn-around-the-edges mansion, painted in a cheerful shade of something-between-pink-and-coral. The owner, Dona Maria, greeted me with a hug that could melt glaciers and a kiss on both cheeks. Okay, I was sold.
- Room: My room? A little smaller than advertised BUT it has a hammock! Sold again! And a surprisingly effective air conditioner, which was a lifesaver against the aforementioned humidity. Bonus points for the vibrant, hand-painted tiles in the bathroom. Minus points for the questionable plumbing that gurgled ominously at 3 AM.
- Evening: Wandered the neighborhood a bit, fueled by adrenaline and a desperate need for caffeine. Found a tiny, hole-in-the-wall cafe and had my first cafezinho (mini espresso). Shockingly good! Also, managed a few awkward phrases with the barista, who basically just laughed at me. Fair enough. Dinner was… interesting. A plate of feijoada (black bean stew with various meats), which was delicious, but also… substantial. I suspect I'll be digesting this for days. Already feeling pleasantly stuffed.
Day 2: Beach Day – Surfing Dreams and Sand-in-Everything
- Morning: Woke up feeling like a semi-deflated beach ball after eating the Feijoada. Breakfast at the B&B was a spread of fresh fruit, pastries, and more coffee. Dona Maria's homemade guava jam? Divine. The gurgling plumbing was forgotten. For now.
- Transportation: Taxi to Praia do Flamengo. The drive was… an experience. The taxi driver, a wiry man with a booming laugh, insisted on blasting a playlist of Brazilian pop music. I have no idea what any of it meant, but I was bouncing in my seat.
- Beach Chaos: Praia do Flamengo! The beach! The waves! The sheer volume of…everything! It was beautiful, yes, but also a sensory assault. Vendors hawking everything from bikinis to coconuts. Kids kicking soccer balls. Dogs sniffing around. It was glorious and overwhelming all at once.
- Surfing Attempt: Rented a surfboard. Failed miserably. I spent more time in the water than on it. But the feeling of trying, of just being there, in the warm, frothy ocean, was incredible. Pure, unadulterated joy. (Even if I did swallow half the Atlantic.)
- Afternoon: Lay on the beach, sunbathing, reading, and attempting to ignore the relentless sand in my…everywhere. Also, had an extremely delicious caipirinha (Brazilian cocktail). It tasted like sunshine and freedom. And probably a whole lot more than I thought.
- Evening: Dinner at a beachside restaurant. Fresh seafood, grilled to perfection. But the real highlight? Watching the sunset. The sky exploded in a riot of colors. It was one of those moments that makes you stop and think, "Wow. This is beautiful. This is living."
- The Imperfection: Got a terrible sunburn. Turns out, that sunscreen I brought? Not strong enough. Note to self: Stock up on SPF 5000 before leaving the B&B. Also, feel like an idiot.
Day 3: Christ the Redeemer – Majesty and Mild Panic
- Morning: Woke up feeling like a lobster, thanks to the sunburn. Popped some ibuprofen and tried to think positive thoughts. Today: Christ the Redeemer!
- Transportation: Took a van to the base of Corcovado mountain, where the statue resides. The winding road up felt like a rollercoaster, only with more hairpins.
- The Climb (or Lack Thereof): The line to get the train up was insane. People everywhere! It was hot, crowded, and I was starting to feel a little claustrophobic. But the views… the views were incredible! The city sprawled before me, a chaotic tapestry of buildings and hills.
- The Statue: Arrived at the top. And there it was! Christ the Redeemer. Massive, imposing, and utterly breathtaking. It was a moment that actually took my breath away. A strange feeling of awe and connection. It's a total cliché, but seeing it in person is truly different from seeing it photos. It's genuinely a religious experience for even a agnostic like me.
- The Panic Attack: Suddenly, things took a turn. The crowd was overwhelming. The heat started to get to me. I started to feel…panicked. I actually stumbled, almost dropping my phone. Then, BAM! The realization hit me: agoraphobia. I had never experienced this before. It was a truly unpleasant experience. The solution? Deep breaths, moving away from the crowded areas, and forcing myself to focus on the incredible view.
- Afternoon: Found a quiet spot to recover. Sat on a bench and just watched the city. Gave myself a pep-talk. Re-centered. Found a tiny ice cream shop near the bottom. The ice cream helped.
- Evening: Went to a local restaurant for dinner. Comfort food: lots of it. Tried to forget the terrifying afternoon. I did.
Day 4: Exploring – Street Art and a Search for the Perfect Pastel de Nata
- Morning: Feeling much better after the panic attack. Started the day with a long walk through the Santa Teresa neighborhood, my favorite part of Rio. So much more than the beaches, the vibrant street art. So much creativity. The whole area feels different from the rest of Rio.
- Transportation: Walking, with occasional use of taxis to escape the worst of my sunburn.
- Street Art Stroll: Explored the vibrant street art scene, marveling at the talent and creativity. Found some amazing murals. Got a few pictures.
- Pastel de Nata Quest: The ultimate goal of the day: to find the best pastel de nata (custard tart) in Rio. This, my friend, is a serious undertaking. The quest was a delicious one, let me just say that. Each pastry, a delightful treat, warm, and creamy.
- Afternoon: Tried a few restaurants and enjoyed the sunshine.
- Evening: Dinner and drinks with a new friend, a local who knew all of the best hidden spots.
Day 5: Departure – Goodbye, Brazil! (Until Next Time)
- Morning: Another amazing breakfast at the Bed & Breakfast. Said a heartfelt goodbye to Dona Maria, who enveloped me in a hug that almost broke my ribs. Already missing the place!
- Transportation: Taxi to the airport.
- Departure: The airport was a lot less hellish this time. Maybe jet lag was finally catching up. Maybe I had mellowed. Or maybe, just maybe, I was actually starting to embrace the chaos. Boarded the plane. The flight was long, and the journey back home was never easy.
- Emotional: Leaving Brazil was bittersweet. The trip had its imperfections. The sunburns, the humidity, the occasional moments of mild panic. But the beauty, the people, the energy, the raw, untamed beauty of Brazil, they will always stay with me.
- Final Thoughts: Brazil, you were messy, beautiful, and completely unforgettable. I will be back. (Just maybe with more sunscreen and a better understanding of the plumbing.) Adeus, Brazil! Until next time (hopefully!).

So, Fullano B&B... Is it really *paradise*? Because let's be honest, marketing...
Okay, alright, let's get this straight. "Paradise" is a big claim. And yes, I'm usually skeptical. But Fullano? Fullano *gets* close, my friends. Very, very close. Think less 'pristine, curated Instagram feed' paradise, and more 'lived-in, authentic, your-soul-gets-a-hug' paradise. There's a lot of charm and a little bit of... well, more on that later, shall we?
The truth is, I arrived completely exhausted. Months of deadlines, a bad breakup, the works. I was expecting a nice view. I got... well, this is the *real* deal. The view *is* stunning, but it's the little things. The way you wake up to the sound of toucans squawking (and occasionally, a very insistent rooster – more on him later), the smell of freshly baked bread, the genuine smiles from everyone... it's contagious. That first morning, after I was up and ready for the day, I took a bath in the jacuzzi. It felt so good. So very, very good.
What's the actual *location* like? Is it hard to get to? Because I hate airports. And buses.
Okay, look, the location is gorgeous. It’s tucked away in the hills above, I think its called Itapema. Don't quote me on the name... I was too busy blissing out. It's not *super* hard to get to, but it's not right on the main road. That's kinda the point, you know? You fly into... probably Florianópolis. It depends where you're coming from, but it's the closest international one. Then, you have to arrange a car. The B&B guys can help, and I HIGHLY recommend it. Because navigating those winding roads after a long flight is NOT something I advise. Trust me on this one.
The journey is part of the adventure, though. Driving through the area? Brilliant. I remember my first time coming to a local spot on the way. The driver took a wrong turn and got us lost. But the view was still good. And the people, so friendly. It's a real adventure! A little bit like being in a movie, really. I actually got a bit emotional at one point, just gazing out at the mountains. Don’t judge me. I am not usually a person who cries at views, but, well... Brazil had that effect.
The food! Tell me about the food! Is it just beans and rice? Because, no offense, I can cook beans and rice at home.
Beans and rice? Of course, there's beans and rice. But it's *Brazilian* beans and rice! This isn't your grandma's bland, beige stuff. We're talking flavorful, slow-cooked magic. And the rest of the food? Oh, my. The breakfasts alone... fresh fruit you've never even *seen* before. Passion fruit juice that tastes like sunshine. And the bread... the bread. Seriously, I'm salivating just thinking about it. Freshly baked every morning... and I'm not even a bread person. I ate so much that I nearly burst my trousers. Still, worth it.
They served the most amazing *moqueca* one night, a seafood stew that was rich and creamy and utterly divine. And the fresh fish, grilled to perfection... look, I'm a foodie, okay? I've eaten in fancy restaurants all over the world. This was something else. Simple ingredients, cooked with love, and served with a whole lotta *alegria*. And, to this day, I'm still dreaming about that stew. I need to find a recipe. I'll fail, of course, because it would never taste the same. Authenticity, people. Authenticity is key.
What's the vibe? Is it a party place? Or a "shhh, you're too loud" place?
Neither! Fullano strikes the perfect balance. It's definitely not a party place, thankfully. You'll find the occasional quiet evening talking with a glass of wine. But it’s not a place that's all rigid and formal. It's chilled, welcoming, and you're encouraged to relax. It's the kind of place where you can actually *unplug* and be present.
The vibe is... well, it's like a group of friends who have known each other forever. You know, the staff really helped set the stage. There was this lovely older woman who kept everything clean. And the owner, a genuinely lovely bloke, has an infectious laugh. You feel like you're part of the family. There might be people drinking and having a laugh in the evening, and then people getting up early to go surfing. It’s all good. Honestly, there wasn't one moment of stress. I can't say that about many places.
Are there things to *do*? Or is it just... chilling all day? Because after a while, chilling gets boring.
Okay, yes, there's definitely chilling. And it's *glorious*. But there's also plenty to do. There are the beaches! Amazing beaches. I spent a LOT of time at the beach. So beautiful with white sands and turquoise waters. Plus, the surfing is incredible. Whether you're a pro or a beginner (like me!), you'll find waves to enjoy.
You can explore the local towns, hike in the hills, go dolphin watching (I didn't, but others did and raved about it) or simply wander around. I went for a walk one day, just to see what I would find. I ended up talking with a fisherman for about an hour. He showed me his boat, told me about his family, and offered me a beer (which, of course, I accepted). It was so nice. In some ways, that was the perfect day. They also have a spa – very lovely and well-needed. Do it. Don't be like me and wait until your last day.
The "imperfections". You mentioned them. Dish the dirt! What's the catch? No place is perfect, right?
Alright, alright. Nobody's perfect. And Fullano? It's close, but... okay, remember that rooster? He's got the lungs of a rock star AND the early bird gene. You *will* be woken at dawn. Every. Single. Day. I started to resent that feathered menace with a passion I didn't know I possessed. Earplugs are your friends.
The Wi-Fi can be a bit dodgy at times. Look, you're in the middle of paradise, dammit. Learn to live without scrolling for a few hours! Embrace the digital detox. And there's the occasional power outage. But guess what? Then the candles are lit and the vibe gets even *more* magical. And honestly? These "imperfections" are part of the charm. They'Hotel Deals Search

