
Dusit Thani Manila: Luxury Redefined in the Heart of the Philippines
Okay, buckle up, buttercups! Let's dive headfirst into the glorious, sometimes-a-bit-wonky, world of the Dusit Thani Manila. Forget sterile travel brochures, this is the real deal. I’m talking honest-to-goodness, warts-and-all review, because honestly? Travel should be about the messy, the glorious, and everything in between.
First Impressions (and Accessibility - Because That Matters!)
So, landing in Manila, right? The air hits you like a warm, humid hug. And arriving at the Dusit Thani… well, it's a look. Gleaming, imposing, a proper city hotel. Accessibility? Okay, here's the thing: I’m not a wheelchair user, but I absolutely always check this. Dusit Thani Manila seems to take it seriously. Elevators everywhere, ramps, the whole shebang. I poked around a bit (because nosy is my middle name) and saw decent accessibility in the restaurants and public spaces. They seem to be keeping up, and that's a HUGE win. It's not just a checkbox; it's a vibe that says, "Welcome, everyone."
Checking In: Smooth Sailing… Mostly.
Check-in? Generally, it's a breeze. Contactless check-in/out is a godsend these days, and they had it sorted. The staff were genuinely friendly – a genuine, not plastic, friendliness. Now, one thing, and I'm being picky here, but sometimes the lines at the front desk can get a little long. I’m not gonna lie, I was itching for that ice-cold welcome drink. But hey, they were working hard. And the luggage guys? Super helpful.
Rooms: My Sanctuary (and That WiFi!)
Okay, the rooms. My room was a haven. Air conditioning? Check. Blackout curtains? Double check. Crucial for battling the Manila heat and… well, late nights of exploring (or, let's be honest, working on my laptop). Free Wi-Fi everywhere, including in every room?? Praise be! (Seriously, I'm looking at you, hotels charging extra for Wi-Fi – that's the 21st century, people!). Internet access – LAN? I didn’t bust out my LAN cable, but good to know it's there for the old-school nerds.
Everything was in order: daily housekeeping, fresh linens, a mini-bar that's almost too tempting, and a proper desk to work on. I'm a sucker for a good desk. The bathroom? Clean, modern, and that shower pressure? Chef's kiss. I'm also a fan of a good bathrobe – those babies are like a warm hug after a long day.
Food, Glorious Food! (and a Little Bit of Chaos)
Alright, food. This is where things get interesting.
- Restaurants galore! The Benjarong (their Thai Restaurant) is divine. Seriously, the Pad Thai brought tears to my eyes (happy tears, obviously). The UMU Japanese Restaurant, well, prepare to be amazed. I could have eaten the sushi rolls for days.
- Buffet Breakfast: Ah, the breakfast buffet. A glorious sprawl of options. Asian breakfast, Western breakfast, you name it. The coffee was decent, but the omelet station? Perfection. This is one of the best experiences.
- Room Service: 24-hour, a lifesaver after a long flight or a day of hustling. They delivered, but sometimes it took a little longer than expected. Patience is a virtue!
- Bars and Happy Hour: Poolside bar? Check. Happy hour? Double check. The drinks were good, the atmosphere was buzzing, and you could hear the gentle hum of chatter and laughter as the evening goes.
- Snack Bar and Coffee Shop: Perfect for a quick bite or a caffeine fix.
Relaxation Station: Spa, Pool, Oh My!
Let's talk about relaxation. The pool with a view? Stunning. Seriously, that photo on their website doesn't lie. The water was cool and refreshing, exactly what you need after wandering around in the Manila heat.
The Spa: The spa… okay, I got a massage. And let me tell you, I’m a massage snob. This one? Actually, it was pretty damn good. The spa itself had that zen vibe, complete with sauna, steam room, and a foot bath.
Fitness Center: Well-equipped, even if I mostly used it for Instagram photos (kidding… mostly).
Cleanliness & Safety: The Sanitized Reality
Look, let's be real – post-pandemic, we all worry. Dusit Thani Manila seems to have really upped its game on this front. Anti-viral cleaning products everywhere, daily disinfection, staff trained in safety protocols. I saw people constantly cleaning, sanitizing, and being diligent. This gave me peace of mind, which is priceless. Hand sanitizer everywhere, and the option to opt-out of room sanitization? Genius.
The Nitty-Gritty (Services & Conveniences):
- Concierge: Super helpful for everything from restaurant recommendations to arranging transport.
- Currency exchange: Convenient, but check the rates before you commit.
- Business facilities: They've got the goods – meeting/banquet facilities, projectors, even a Xerox machine.
- Laundry service, dry cleaning, and ironing service: They've got it all covered.
- Gift/souvenir shop: Perfect for last-minute gifts (or a treat for yourself).
For the Kids (or the Kid in You)
Dusit Thani Manila is family-friendly. Babysitting services available? Yes. Kids meals? Probably. I didn't travel with children, but I saw some happy families enjoying the pool.
The Quirks & Quirks
- The Soundproofing: Okay, the soundproofing is pretty good, but I did hear some late-night karaoke one night. Manila, right?
- The Traffic: The hotel is centrally located, which is great, but be prepared for Manila traffic. Give yourself plenty of time to get anywhere.
- The Little Things: Toiletries were nice, and the complimentary water bottle was a welcome touch.
- The Decor: It’s stylish, a little bit formal, but it pulls it off.
The Verdict (and the Emotional Gut-Punch)
Dusit Thani Manila is a solid choice. It's a luxury hotel that balances elegance with genuine hospitality. It's not perfect (no hotel is!), but it's a place that feels comfortable and safe, and it offers a wide range of amenities. What truly separates them from the competitors is the staff. They're genuinely friendly and helpful and the fact that they have an inclusive culture.
My offer to you, my weary traveler:
Escape to Luxury at Dusit Thani Manila
- Book now and receive a complimentary upgrade to a Deluxe Room (subject to availability).
- Enjoy a delicious complimentary breakfast for two at The Pantry.
- Experience ultimate relaxation with a 60-minute massage at the Namm Spa.
- Receive a 15% discount on all food and beverage orders in our restaurants and bars.
- Enjoy a late check-out until 2:00 PM.
Why Dusit Thani Manila? Because it’s more than just a hotel; it’s an experience. It's the perfect blend of modern luxury and Filipino hospitality, where every detail is crafted to make your stay unforgettable.
Click here to book now and experience the Dusit Thani difference! (Booking Link Here)
Get ready to fall in love with Manila. Grab a massage. Take a dip in the pool. And let Dusit Thani Manila take care of the rest.
Winnipeg Airport's BEST Hotel? (Holiday Inn SHOCKER!)
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your average, pristine, robot-generated travel itinerary. This is my potential disaster in the Dusit Thani Manila, Philippines. And honestly? I'm already a little stressed. Here goes nothin':
Dusit Thani Manila: Operation "Survive Luxury (and My Own Brain)"
Day 1: Arrival and the Glorious, Overwhelming Hotel Lobby
- 1:00 PM - Arrival at NAIA (Ninoy Aquino International Airport): Ugh. Airports. The very definition of organized chaos. Pray for a swift customs line. My anxiety gremlin is already doing jumping jacks. Please let my luggage arrive. I swear, if they lose my lucky travel socks, I might just curl up and die right there amidst the duty-free perfume.
- 1:45 PM - Transfer to Dusit Thani Manila: I'm taking Grab (because I'm too cheap for a hotel car). Let's hope the driver isn't one of those daredevil maniacs that make me question all life choices. Pray for smooth traffic (HA!).
- 2:30 PM - Check-in and Lobby Gawking: Okay, here we are. Dusit Thani. Let the high ceilings and polished marble intimidate me. The lobby better be Instagram-worthy because, let's face it, that's half the point, right? Check-in will probably take longer than it should because I'll be awkwardly fumbling with my ID and mumbling. I'll probably spill some water. I’ll be the awkward tourist.
- 3:00 PM - Room Exploration and Panic: Room key in hand! Let's see if it's as glamorous as the photos. Crosses fingers. My mental checklist: Does the aircon work? Is the bed a marshmallow cloud of bliss? Is the bathroom stocked with enough towels to rebuild a small civilization? Then, the real panic sets in: "What am I doing here? Am I worthy of this luxury? Will I accidentally break something?"
- 4:00 PM - Poolside Debacle? Maybe? Listen, I want to be one of those effortlessly chic people lounging by the pool with a book and a perfectly formed cocktail. But in reality? I’ll probably be struggling to keep my sunglasses on, accidentally splashing someone (while trying to look cool), and sweating profusely. I'm not really a 'pool person'. I'd rather eat a snack at the bar.
- 6:00 PM - Dinner at Benjarong (Thai Restaurant): I'm a sucker for Thai food. And hopefully, the Dusit Thani’s version is amazing. I’ll try to remember to take pictures of the food before devouring it. (Fingers crossed, please be good.)
- 8:00 PM - Early Night…hopefully. After the all the travel drama, I'm gonna need sleep.
Day 2: Culture Shock and Culinary Adventures.
- 8:00 AM - Breakfast Buffet Brain Freeze: Okay, breakfast. This is where I make or break my day. The sheer amount of food available at a hotel buffet always overwhelms me. I'll probably pile my plate way too high, forget half of what I wanted, and then end up feeling sick because I ate too much. Seriously, the pressure! The pressure to be productive. The pressure to enjoy. I hate pressure!
- 9:30 AM - Intramuros Exploration (Attempt #1): I've heard good things. I'm picturing cobbled streets, historic buildings, Spanish colonial architecture. I'm also picturing the heat, the crowds, and my own terrible sense of direction leading me astray. I will, undoubtedly, get lost.
- 11:00 AM - Intramuros - "The Horse-Drawn Carriages of Doom": Okay, I thought getting lost was the worst part? I'm on the horse-drawn carriage. I'm praying that it doesn't tip over.
- 12:00 PM - Lunch at a Local Eatery (If I Survive): I'm a big fan of street food, or at least, I'm trying to be. My stomach might have other ideas. Hopefully I can find an authentic place and not get food poisoning.
- 1:30 PM - "Cultural" Shopping at a "Museum": Oh god, this part is going to be bad. Because, museums are fine, but I prefer the shopping part. I'll look for souvenirs for myself (obviously), and my mom. I will try to avoid the tourist traps.
- 4:00 PM - Back to the Hotel (Nap Time?): I’ll be exhausted. The heat, the walking, the constant struggle to not look like a completely clueless tourist. A nap is mandatory. Possibly a therapy session with my therapist.
- 6:00 PM - Dinner at the Hotel's "22 Prime": Oh god, the price. I'm just going to eat all the food I want and I think about the bill later. I'm not sure which dishes to order. I'm sure the service will be excellent!
- 8:00 PM - Optional - Attempt a Nightcap at a Hotel Bar: I'm not good with bars. I get anxious about ordering and I never know what to say. But, you know, it's a vacation. So maybe I'll try. I'll probably overthink it and order something boring.
Day 3: The Grand Finale (and Possibly, a Breakdown)
- 8:00 AM - Breakfast. (More Buffet Chaos): See Day 2. The same rules apply. Try not to overeat. Remember to pack your own snacks for when I get hungry.
- 9:00 AM - SM Mall of Asia Mayhem?: I'm considering. I'm not sure how I feel about mall adventures. On one hand, air conditioning and lots of options. On the other, crowds and the potential for overspending. I can't make any promises. The choice is made.
- 11:00 AM - Trying a "Spa Day": I need it. After all the chaos, I need to treat myself. I might fall asleep. I'm not sure if I'll get used to the massage.
- 1:00 PM - "Lunch" at the Hotel? I'll survive.
- 3:00 PM - Packing Panic: The inevitable moment. I'll realize I've bought way too much stuff, and that my luggage now weighs more than I do. Packing will be a frantic scramble.
- 5:00 PM - Relax by the pool (One last time): I'm not saying it'll be relaxing, but I will try.
- 7:00 PM - Final Dinner: One last attempt to choose something interesting over safe.
- 9:00 PM - Early night, so I can prepare for the airport the next day.
Day 4: The Escape (and Farewell, Philippines!)
- Early Morning - Airport Chaos Redux: Hopefully, customs won't be too bad.
- Departure: Goodbye Philippines!
Post-Trip Debrief:
- Expectations vs. Reality: I have a feeling this trip will be wildly different from what I'm picturing. And that's okay, I guess.
- Lessons Learned: Probably a few concerning my anxiety, my inability to navigate, and my love of food.
- Would I do it again? Ask me in a few weeks. My mental state will probably fluctuate wildly.
And there you have it. My Dusit Thani Manila itinerary – a chaotic, messy, and hopefully, memorable adventure. Wish me luck, because I'm going to need it. Wish me luck. I have a feeling this won't go as planned. But, hey! That's the fun, right? Right?!
Rodeway Inn: Your Unexpected US Getaway Awaits!
Dusit Thani Manila: Your Questions Answered (with a Side of My Own Neuroticism)
Okay, Seriously...Is Dusit Thani Manila REALLY Luxurious? I Mean, REALLY?
Ugh, fine. Yes. It is. But let me tell you, "luxury" is a slippery slope. It's that *feeling* you get when you're simultaneously thrilled and terrified you're going to smudge something with your clumsy hands. The Dusit Thani? It's that level. Think high ceilings, glistening chandeliers that probably cost more than my car, and a scent permeating the lobby that whispers, "You are *important*." (Even if you're just important enough to enjoy a really good afternoon tea, which, by the way, you should definitely have.)
But here's the thing: It's not just about the bling. It's the *service*. Forget the cold, robotic "sir, madam" drivel. These folks? They're genuinely *nice*. I once fumbled trying to get my phone to connect to the WiFi (yes, I'm tech-challenged, judge me), and a staff member *sprinted* over with a smile, fixed it in seconds, and then – I swear – offered me a tiny, perfect banana. A *banana*! It's the little things, people. The little, perfect bananas that keep you coming back.
Can I Afford It? (Be Brutally Honest.)
Okay, deep breath. Brutally honest? It depends. You're not going to stumble in and find a $50-a-night room. Let's just say it's a *treat yourself* kind of place. Check the current rates, but expect to shell out. BUT! Here's a sneaky tip: Look for deals, especially during the off-season. I've snagged some incredible packages that included spa treatments and dinner (hello, unlimited sushi!) that made the cost a little less jaw-dropping. And sometimes, the splurge is worth it. Think of it as an investment in your sanity. Especially if you're like me and need a solid dose of pampering to combat the general chaotic state of my life.
What's the Vibe? Is it Stuffy? I'm... Well, I'm Not Always the Most Elegant Person.
Oh, thank goodness you asked. Because I'm not "elegant" either. I spill things. I trip. I occasionally have a rogue hair sticking up. The Dusit Thani, thankfully, isn't *stuffy*. It leans more towards "sophisticated chill." Yes, people are well-dressed, but I've seen plenty of guests in more casual attire, and nobody gives you the stink eye. The atmosphere is vibrant and buzzing mostly full of guests. It's not a hushed museum; it’s a place to *live*. I mean, I’ve even witnessed someone (me, once, okay?) accidentally knock over a champagne flute, and the staff handled it with a grace that was truly impressive (and made me feel a little less mortified.)
Tell Me About the Rooms. Are They as Gorgeous as the Pictures? (I Need to Know!)
Okay, the rooms. The rooms. WHERE DO I EVEN BEGIN? Look, the pictures don’t lie. They're *gorgeous*. Think spacious, luxurious, and with views that will genuinely make you say "Wow." I've stayed in a few different room types, and honestly? I've yet to be disappointed. The beds are like sinking into a cloud. The bathrooms are giant, usually with a separate tub and shower (perfect for my "soak in the tub for three hours while ignoring the world" ritual). The quality of the hotel's amenities were high and were regularly refilled and cleaned. I always end up taking a million pictures of the room and sharing them with friends. Okay, I would recommend you to be extra careful in the bathroom. During a particular stay, water from the shower (after a long bubble bath) leaked all over the floor. Though, the staff were quick to rectify the problem, I couldn't help but feel that the incident destroyed the beauty of the hotel.
One small niggle: the soundproofing isn't *perfect*. I once had a neighbor who practiced the trumpet at 6 AM. It wasn't their fault, but it did ensure I was wide awake and, frankly, plotting various acts of revenge (joking, of course... mostly). So, light sleepers, maybe pack some earplugs. You know, just in case.
Is the Food Good? (Because Bad Hotel Food is the Worst.)
Oh, heavens yes! The food. Prepare to loosen your belt. There are multiple restaurants, each with its own personality. I'm a complete glutton when it comes to buffets, and the Dusit Thani's buffet is legendary. (I may or may not have once consumed an entire plate of sushi by myself. Don't judge me.) The Thai restaurant, Benjarong, is a must-try. Authentic, flavorful, and the presentation alone is worth the price of admission. I've had a few missteps - one time I ordered something I thought was mild and it turned my mouth into a volcano, but that's on me! Generally, the quality is top-notch. Don’t skip the dessert. You seriously will regret it!
What About the Spa? Worth It? (Because I Need a Massage Like... Yesterday.)
GET THE SPA TREATMENT. Seriously. Just do it. This is where you *really* escape. The massage therapists are skilled, the environment is tranquil, and you'll emerge feeling like a completely new human being, all the stress and tension magically erased. I once spent a whole afternoon at the spa, alternating between massages, the sauna, and the jacuzzi. By the end, I was so relaxed I nearly forgot my name. It's expensive, yes, but think of it as an investment in your mental health. Plus, they often have deals that make it a bit more affordable. And honestly, if you’ve had flight delays, traffic jams, or just a really bad week, the spa at Dusit Thani is like a reset button for your soul.
Is There a Pool? (I Need to Lounge.)
Yes! There's a lovely pool area. It's not massive, but it's pretty, well-maintained, and gives you a place to hide from the sun and to enjoy a cocktail. I've spent many happy hours there, sipping on something fruity, reading a book, and pretending to be a glamorous movie star. It’s a great place to relax and rejuvenate, and not worry about the chaos of Manila.

