Alamosa Escape: Holiday Inn Express® Suites - Your Dream Getaway Awaits!

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Alamosa By IHG United States

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Alamosa By IHG United States

Alamosa Escape: Holiday Inn Express® Suites - Your Dream Getaway Awaits!

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into the Alamosa Escape: Holiday Inn Express® Suites, and trust me, it's not just another cookie-cutter hotel stay. This ain't gonna be a sterile, robotic review; we're going for the real deal, the messy, honest, and hopefully hilarious truth.

Let's call it like it is, alright? Hotel reviews often feel like they're written by robots. So, here's the human version.

First Impressions & Getting There (and Some Minor Gripes, Because, Let's Be Real)

Alright, first things first: Accessibility. They say they’re all about it, and frankly, that's music to my ears. Wheelchair accessible is a massive plus. And from the details I've seen, they're mostly good, but I'm gonna need some serious reassurance. Elevator, a must, right? And while I’m at it, how about some ramps that aren't too inclined? Now, on the other hand a Car Park [free of charge] is always a good thing to have, especially with a Car power charging station for you EV owners out there. Airport transfer, what a help!

Now for the slight imperfections: I'm a little bummed they don't specifically mention a wheelchair accessible restaurant. Gotta call and check. And look, I'm not gonna lie, the devil is REALLY in the details. So: Check-in/out [express], sounds slick, but what’s the trade-off?

Cleanliness & Safety - Can We Just Breathe Easy Here? (Please!)

Okay, this is huge for me, especially post-pandemic. This is where Alamosa is a gold mine! I mean, they are really serious about it. The promise of Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, and Rooms sanitized between stays? Yes, please! They also talk about Professional-grade sanitizing services, which sounds fancy and reassuring. Safe dining setup means no sweat, and that is a big concern. Hand sanitizer is everywhere, I assume! And Staff trained in safety protocol? Good. Cashless payment service is a plus. Maybe!

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking - Let’s Get Fed!

Alright, so, the food scene is where things get interesting, because food is life. Breakfast is where it starts, right? The Breakfast [buffet] is the baseline, I'll expect it to be decent. Breakfast [buffet] – that's what I want! Also, how about that Breakfast in room? Or a Breakfast takeaway service when I'm in a mad rush? Sounds like a good start.

They have a Bar, so that’s a good start for unwinding, a Coffee shop sounds great, plus Coffee/tea in restaurant is a must. And let's be real, a Poolside bar is an essential piece of the holiday puzzle! The Snack bar is always a great idea. They also offer Room service [24-hour] which is brilliant.

Now, to be truly honest, if the Asian cuisine in restaurant is anything like the last hotel's, I may have to pass. I Alternative meal arrangement is a must, I'm fussy!

Things to Do & Ways to Relax - The Spa, The Sauna…Oh My!

Okay, this is where the "Escape" part really kicks in. I'm looking for some serious relaxation. And guess what? They've got a Spa and Spa/sauna, so, I'm intrigued! I would love a Massage. And it sounds like they have a Sauna. That’s basically the entire shebang.

They have a Fitness center. Might go, might not. Then again a Gym/fitness could keep me from gaining a few unwanted pounds. Then again they have a Swimming pool and a Swimming pool [outdoor].

Rooms and what's Really in them? (And What Matters MOST!)

This is where the magic happens (or doesn't!). Non-smoking rooms, always a plus. Air conditioning, ABSOLUTELY essential. Wi-Fi [free]? Yes, please! And on the subject of internet, Internet access – wireless is amazing. I need that Internet access – LAN for when I'm really working. Free bottled water is always a nice touch. Coffee/tea maker in the room? Essential for someone like me. And the Refrigerator could be a real lifesaver.

Now, for the things I can't live without: A Mirror for checking your holiday glow, Desk for when I need to get some work done, and a good, solid Seating area because sometimes you just need to sit. Alarm clock is actually helpful, as is the Wake-up service (I tend to sleep in).

For the Kids - A Family Friendly Getaway?

Family/child friendly is great, and the Kids meal is a blessing. Babysitting service? You have my attention!

The Services & Conveniences - Beyond the Basics

This is where a hotel really shines. A Concierge could be a lifesaver. Laundry service would be lovely too! Dry cleaning, excellent. Luggage storage is definitely helpful. And Daily housekeeping is a necessity.

The Big Picture: So, Is It Really a "Dream Getaway?"

Look, from what I've gathered, The Alamosa Escape: Holiday Inn Express® Suites sounds like a pretty solid bet. But here's the real kicker:

The Offer: Your "Do Not Disturb" Dreams Await!

Okay, here's the deal: Alamosa Escape promises relaxation, and I want to see you get it. Book your stay with the code "ALAMOSA2024" right now and get:

  • 15% off your stay (Because who doesn't love a good deal?)
  • Free upgrade to a room with a view (If available - fingers crossed!)
  • A complimentary bottle of bubbly upon arrival (Because you deserve it.)

This offer is only valid for a limited time, so don't wait! Go, escape, and let me know how it goes. I'll be watching from here, dreaming of my own Alamosa adventure.

Pigeon Forge Riverside Getaway: Econo Lodge's Unbeatable Deals!

Book Now

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Alamosa By IHG United States

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into my totally unplanned, probably-gonna-be-chaotic-but-hopefully-rewarding adventure at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Alamosa. This isn't your polished, Instagram-ready itinerary. This is the real, messy, wonderfully human version.

Day 1: Arrival, Altitude Adjustment, and a Quest for the Perfect Burrito (or Maybe Just A Burrito)

  • 1:00 PM - Arrival and Initial Panic: Okay, so I'm supposed to be at the hotel. Google Maps, bless its heart, thinks I'm there. But… where IS the door? Ah, found it! The lobby's…clean. Very clean. Almost TOO clean. Makes me suspect someone's hiding some secrets, or maybe they just really, really like cleaning supplies. First impressions: standard-issue Holiday Inn, but hey, they have free coffee and that's a major win in my book.

    • Rambling Thought: Altitude. Right. I forgot about the whole "Alamosa is at like, a mile high" thing. Might need to take it easy. My lungs are already staging a protest. Probably should have stretched more.
  • 1:30 PM - The Room Reveal (and a Small Breakdown): Unpacked my stuff in the room. "Standard" room, but it has a fridge and that's all I need. Checked out the view, if you can it a view, and it is a parking lot. Okay, no problem. Now, this bed looks comfy enough. I'm not planning on having deep sleep, I'm not really the kind of person who does.

  • 2:30 PM - The Great Burrito Hunt Begins: Okay, sustenance is essential. I'm starving. Google tells me there's a place called "El Super" close by. Adventure time!

    • Quirky Observation: The walk to El Super… well, let's just say Alamosa has a certain…charm. It feels like a town that's seen a lot, but still smiles. Also, I've never seen so many pickup trucks in one place. I hope I won't get run over by one.
    • Emotional Reaction: I'm hoping this burrito is a life-changing experience. I need something to make me forget I'm possibly going to run on low oxygen here.
      • Messy Rambling: What kind of a burrito is the best? The classic? With chili? I hope it's good. I've definitely had some bad ones in my life, and I don't have time for those.
  • 3:30 PM - The Burrito Verdict: El Super delivered! The burrito was huge, deliciously greasy, and… perfect. This is what happiness tastes like. Pure, unadulterated burrito glory.

  • 4:00 PM - Rest and Regret: Back at the hotel. I thought I would have energy to do some other things. I should have planned it better.

  • 7:00 PM - Pizza and Pre-Sleep Anxiety: The hotel doesn't have a pool, but it does have a vending machine with diet coke. I'm starting to get a headache, so maybe it's better. Should I have brought that book I wanted to read?

    • Rambling Thought: No, I'll probably just scroll through my phone. I should have gotten a book. Now I'm stressed. Oh, well.
  • 8:00 PM - Sleep: Sleep.

Day 2: Sand Dunes, Sunburns, and the Eternal Struggle of Snack Choices

  • 8:00 AM - Breakfast in the Lobby (Bless the Free Waffles!): The breakfast buffet is… well, it's a Holiday Inn Express buffet. Standard fare. But those little waffle makers? Genius. I might have eaten three. Don't judge.

  • 9:00 AM - Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve: The Grand Plan: A real adventure! I'm heading for the Great Sand Dunes. I've seen pictures, and they're mind-blowing. This is the whole point of this trip!

    • Emotional Reaction: I'm excited. I can't believe my eyes! I want to experience this very badly.
  • 9:30 AM - The Drive: This is a beautiful drive! I'm starting to love this place.

  • 10:15 AM - Dunes Delight (and a Minor Sand Enema Scare): The dunes are even more amazing in person. I decided to climb some of the dunes. It's way harder than it looks. My legs are burning! I took a good picture that is going to look awesome.

    • Opinionated Language: The sand is everywhere. It's in my shoes, my hair, my… well, let’s just say I'm going to be finding sand in places for the next week.
  • 1:00 PM - Post Dune Recovery: I'm exhausted. I would have taken more photos, but I'm done. I'm so done. Should have bought more water!

  • 1:30 PM - Snack Interlude (The Great Debate): Time for a snack run. But what to get? The vending machine calls to me. I spent the better part of 30 minutes analyzing my options.

    • Messier Structure and Occasional Rambles: Okay, chips? Or a candy bar? No, I'm already feeling kinda gross after the burrito. Wait, do they sell fruit? I regret getting the bag of chips. Why didn't I get the granola bar?
  • 2:00-5:00 PM: Relaxation and Re-energizing.

  • 6:00 PM - Dinner Plans and a Glimmer of Hope: I'm thinking of going back to that Mexican place again. Maybe. Or maybe I'll try something new. This is what I do.

Day 3: Farewell, Alamosa (and the Potential of One Last Burrito)

  • 8:00 AM - Last Breakfast and Packing Panic: Another waffle, naturally. Packing is happening. I did not buy enough sunscreen.
  • 9:00 AM - The Last Look: One last look at the parking lot outside. It's a little sad, I guess. I had a good time.
  • 9:30 AM - The Great Burrito Farewell (Maybe): Should I get one last burrito? It's the perfect plan.
  • 10:30 AM - Goodbye Alamosa! That's it!

Final Thought: This trip wasn't perfect. There were definitely parts that I'd change. I got to see something that was awesome and make some memories. But the burritos? The burritos were definitely my friends. Until next time, Alamosa.

Wuhan's Hidden Gem: Miaoshan's City Comfort Inn Awaits!

Book Now

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Alamosa By IHG United States

Alamosa Escape: Holiday Inn Express® Suites - Your Dream Getaway (Maybe?) - A Messy FAQ

Okay, so *why* Alamosa? Seriously, what's in Alamosa? Besides potatoes, I mean.

Alright, so, Alamosa. Look, I'm gonna be honest. I didn't exactly *choose* Alamosa. Let's just say the universe (or maybe my cheap plane ticket) pointed me that way. And, yeah, the immediate draw isn't exactly the Eiffel Tower. But hear me out. It's the SAN LUIS VALLEY! Majestic mountains, wide open spaces... perfect for, you know, *thinking* things. Or forgetting things. Maybe both. Seriously, the stars at night? Unbelievable. Bring a telescope. Or just sit outside and stare. You'll feel something. I did. Mostly cold. But also, like, *something*. And then there's the Rio Grande, all moody and historic. Plus, the UFO Watchtower. That alone is worth the trip, even if you're a confirmed non-believer like... well, like I *thought* I was. Right? Right.

The "Dream Getaway" part... is that, like, hyperbole? Will I be sleeping in a broom closet?

Okay, "Dream Getaway". Marketing, right? Don't let it scare you off. The Holiday Inn Express Suites? It's Solid. Not broom closet. More... comfy beige. The rooms are actually quite spacious, which is a *huge* plus if you're, like me, and tend to spread your belongings everywhere like a small, disorganized tornado. The beds? Yeah, those are good. I actually slept through the alarm one morning (a *personal* best). The *suites* themselves are a bonus... I had a separate living area (which I mostly used for collapsing after a day of hiking). Dreamy? Maybe not. But definitely comfortable. And hey, no roaches! Major points for that.

Breakfast! Spill the beans (and the scrambled eggs). Is it edible?

Oh HOO BOY. The breakfast. This is where it gets... interesting. Look, it's free. And it's hot! "Hot" is the key word here. The scrambled eggs... let's just say they're enthusiastic about their commitment to the color yellow. They might be a little rubbery. The bacon... sometimes it's crispy, sometimes it's... well, you'll need a strong jaw. The coffee? It's coffee. It gets the job done. My recommendation? Grab a waffle. They're pretty much impossible to mess up. Drown it in syrup, and everything's fine. It's not gourmet, folks, but it's fuel. And after an early morning hike up something-or-other mountain, believe me, you'll happily gobble down anything that resembles food. I found *myself* devouring the fruit and then getting into a bizarre rivalry with a very enthusiastic gentleman over the last banana. (I won, BTW. Priorities.)

Speaking of hiking, what's there to *do*? Besides contemplate your existence while staring at mountains?

Okay, okay, so you're not just a mountain-gazing philosopher, huh? Good. Because yes, there IS stuff to *do*. The Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve is a must. Seriously. The scale of those dunes is mind-blowing. You'll feel like you're on another planet. Get there early, though, before it gets scorchingly hot (I learned this the hard way). You can hike, sandboard (fun!), or just roll around in the sand like a kid. The wildlife refuge nearby offers bird watching. And if you're into history, there are some cool historical sites and museums around. To be honest? I spent a whole afternoon at the UFO Watchtower. Saw some weird lights. Maybe I was dehydrated. Maybe not. The point is, there's *something* for everyone, even if you’re not exactly, um, a "nature person." Just bring sunscreen. And maybe a hat. And maybe a map. Okay, definitely a map. I got lost. Twice.

Let's be honest, is there a *gym*? I don't want to completely abandon my fitness goals.

Oh, yes, there *is* a gym. I saw it. I *looked* at it. It's... compact. Treadmill, elliptical, a few free weights. The lighting is fluorescent, and the air smells faintly of chlorine from the, uh... other amenities. Let's just say it has character. Did I *use* it? Well, I *intended* to. But between the hiking, the breakfast waffles, and the general "vacation" vibe, I opted to... enjoy the beautiful views from my room. Yeah. Priorities. But hey, if you're feeling ambitious, go for it! You'll need to burn off all those waffle calories somehow. Maybe I will next time. *Maybe*. The truth is, I spent more time walking to the vending machine for a diet soda than I did *in* the gym. (That machine had a killer selection, by the way).

What about the pool? I need to chill.

Yes! There is a pool. An indoor pool. I have mixed feelings about indoor pools. On the one hand, you can swim even if it's raining, or snowing, or whatever the heck crazy Colorado weather is doing. On the other hand, there's the whole echoing, chlorine-y, wet-hair-everywhere vibe. But, I'm happy to report, the pool was clean! And the water was the perfect temperature, which is always a bonus when you're escaping the harsh desert sun. I had a lovely time. I may have spent a bit too much time splashing around. Hey, who *can't* resist a good pool moment? I also saw a kid build a magnificent castle out of the provided pool noodles, which was impressive. Made me wish I was still nine. And, yes, there *are* towels. Don't forget a towel. I did the first time. Regretted it.

Tell me something good! Something amazing! A highlight!

Okay, okay, so I've been a bit... critical, haven't I? But the highlight? Okay, this is gonna sound cheesy, but... the STARS. Seriously. Back home in the city, you can barely see anything. Here? The sky is a velvet curtain sprinkled with diamonds. I spent one night just sitting outside, bundled in a blanket, completely mesmerized. The Milky Way was just... there. I never realized how much I missed seeing the stars. It’s humbling, actually. Made me feel small. In a good way. That alone made the trip worth it. Forget the rubbery eggs, forget the fluorescent lighting. The stars? Pure magic. Go. See them. And bring a good telescope. Or just a blanketCozy Stay Spots

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Alamosa By IHG United States

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Alamosa By IHG United States