
Waterford's BEST Hotel Deal? IHG's Hidden Gem!
Waterford's Hidden Gem: Beyond the Brochure – My Honest Take (and WHY You Should Book!)
Okay, folks, let's be real. Finding a good hotel deal can feel like navigating a minefield. Endless scrolling, promises of "luxury" that turn out to be…meh, and photoshopped perfection that doesn't quite translate in reality. So, when I heard rumblings about an "IHG Hidden Gem" in Waterford – a place that supposedly delivered on its promises – I was intrigued. And after a recent stay? Well, let's just say my expectations were exceeded. Prepare for a…well, a brutally honest (and hopefully helpful) review!
The Basics (and the Surprisingly Good Stuff):
First off, accessibility. HUGE thumbs up. This place gets it. Wheelchair accessible throughout, with elevators that actually work (a win!), and ramps that aren’t treacherous. Forget struggling; this hotel is legitimately designed for ease of movement. The convenience of everything is chef's kiss. There I was, ready to hit the ground running, no obstacles, no excuses. This is accessibility done right.
Internet & Technology: My Sanity Savers:
Free Wi-Fi in all rooms? Bless you, IHG! Seriously, in this day and age, it's a must. The speed was decent (enough for Zoom calls – I was on a deadline!), and the signal was strong everywhere. They even had Internet [LAN], which, if you're a tech nerd like me, is a nice touch. Oh, and the desk in my room? Perfect laptop workspace. I actually got some serious work done. (Shocking, I know!) And for my conference call with the team, the Audio-visual equipment for special events was a lifesaver. The Projector/LED display was the cherry on top, and the meeting stationery was all set.
Cleanliness & Safety: A Breath of Fresh Air (Literally):
Okay, let’s talk pandemic. I'm that person, I triple-check EVERYTHING. This place? Immaculate. They were serious about cleanliness. Anti-viral cleaning products, check. Daily disinfection in common areas? Absolutely. The staff, all trained in safety protocol, were practically superheroes with sanitizing spray. The Room sanitization opt-out was available as well as the option to have Rooms sanitized between stays. My room felt genuinely safe. The Safe dining setup and Sanitized kitchen and tableware items were reassuring. And the Hand sanitizer everywhere? A lifesaver. The Hygiene certification gave me that extra tick of approval.
Dining, Drinking, & Snacking: Fuel for Adventure (and Maybe a Little Indulgence)
The restaurant scene here is actually pretty impressive. The Asian breakfast, which I highly recommend (the kimchi pancakes are the bomb!), was the perfect fuel for a day of exploring. Seriously, the Asian cuisine in restaurant was amazing! The Breakfast [buffet] was also great, with a lot of options for vegetarians and vegans. The Western cuisine in restaurant and Western breakfast offered a lot of variety too, and if I was craving something quick, the Snack bar was perfect. There's also a Coffee shop to kickstart your mornings. The Poolside bar was a lifesaver, offering drinks and a place to relax in the sun. The Restaurants themselves were great, with a variety of options, including the Vegetarian restaurant. After a long day, the Happy hour was much needed.
The Rooms (My Haven):
My room? A sanctuary. Air conditioning, soundproofing, and blackout curtains – all crucial for a good night's sleep. The bed was outrageously comfortable, and the extra long bed was a dream (literally). Bathrobes and slippers? Luxury. A balcony, too, perfect for morning coffee and contemplating the universe (ok, maybe just planning my day). The bathroom was divine! The shower was perfect, and I was grateful for the toiletteries. There was even a fridge with the complimentary bottled water!
Relaxation: A Mini-Spa Experience (Almost!)
Okay, I didn’t go full-on spa-mode, but I did check out the fitness center (well-equipped!) and the sauna. The pool with a view? Stunning. I even snuck in a foot bath after a day of walking. The Spa/sauna was great!.
What Could Be Better (Because Let's Be Real):
- More outdoor seating. The terrace was lovely, but a few more areas to relax outside would be fantastic.
- Maybe a slightly bigger selection of international cuisine in the restaurant.
- Although I didn't need it, the Babysitting service, could be handy to others.
The Bottom Line: Why You NEED to Book This Deal
This isn't just a good hotel; it's a smart choice. The accessibility, the cleanliness, the amenities – it all adds up to a truly pleasant experience. The location is great for exploring Waterford, it's really close to the water, and the value you get for your money is outstanding.
So, here's my pitch – forget the endless scrolling. Stop overthinking. Book this IHG Hidden Gem in Waterford! You won't regret it. It’s a solid choice for solo travelers, couples, and families. It’s a place you can actually relax and enjoy your stay. And that, my friends, is priceless.
SEO-Friendly Offer (Because We Want You To Click!)
Waterford's BEST Hotel Deal? IHG's Hidden Gem!
- Book now and experience:
- Wheelchair-accessible rooms & facilities throughout.
- Free Wi-Fi in all rooms & public areas.
- Immaculate cleanliness with anti-viral measures and staff trained in safety.
- Convenient access to things to do.
- On-site dining with a wide range of alternatives, from Asian to western food.
- Relaxation options: Pool, gym, and more!
- Amazing prices and value in Waterford.
- Click here to book your Waterford escape today! (Link to hotel booking page)

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because you're about to get the REAL Waterford, Michigan experience, Holiday Inn Express & Suites edition. Forget perfectly curated travel blogs, this is raw, unfiltered, and probably a little bit deranged, just like yours truly after a long day of… well, you’ll see.
Day 1: Arrival, Exhaustion, and the Quest for the Elusive Pool
- 1:00 PM – Arrival at HQ (aka The Holiday Inn Express). The drive from Detroit… well, let’s just say I now understand why people listen to audiobooks. The GPS kept trying to send me on some off-road adventure that involved a suspiciously muddy patch of land. Finally arrived! The lobby? Standard issue Holiday Inn, slightly sterile, smells faintly of chlorine and ambition. Check-in was quick… a little too quick. Like, "did she even look at my ID?" quick. Whatever. Room keys! Victory!
- 1:30 PM – Room Reconnaissance and Emotional Rollercoaster. Okay, room. Pretty standard. Two queen beds, a desk that might accommodate my laptop if I shoved the lamp into the corner, and a TV that looked like it was rescued from a 1990s garage sale. First thought: Okay, it’s clean, that’s a win. Second thought: Where’s the view? Apparently, my view consists of… a brick wall. Third thought: Maybe I can sneak into a better room. Fourth thought: No, I'm too tired to commit a hotel room heist. The emotional journey of checking into a hotel room, folks.
- 2:00 PM – The Pool Hunt Begins. This is critical. I need to melt into chlorine and forget the stresses of the road. The website said there was a pool. The key now, is finding it. This is where things go sideways. After a frantic search of the hotel’s labyrinthine hallways, I'm starting to suspect the pool is a myth, like the Loch Ness Monster. I even asked the lovely front desk person who cheerfully told me which way to go. I am still wandering aimlessly. All this stress is making me hungry, I should've gotten a snack on the way.
- 2:30 PM - The Pool Quest Continues. Okay, I've circled back. I even checked the fire exit, just in case the pool held a secret entrance. Nothing. I am a failure! I deserve no joy! I text my friend, "I think the pool is a lie. I'm starting to question the existence of the hotel itself." She texts back, "Maybe it's in the basement? Check the laundry room!" Laundry room? Tempting, but I'm not risking a run-in with the hotel's resident ghosts.
- 3:00 PM – Pool…FOUND! (And a Minor Meltdown). FINALLY. After what felt like an eternity, I found the pool area! Small, chlorine-y, and populated by a boisterous family that looks like they're having the best time of their lives. Which, you know, good for them. I, on the other hand, feel like I've aged a decade just finding this aquatic oasis. I will take a nap.
- 3:30 PM – Pool Time (Attempted). I dive in and within seconds, I'm attacked by a rogue water balloon. I splash my way to the shallow end, and the family is having a water gun fight. "Maybe this isn't the relaxing experience I was hoping for," I mutter and end up in my room watching terrible afternoon TV.
- 7:00 PM – Dinner and the Quest for Local Flavor (or at least edible food). Considering that I am not in the mood to drive, it's all about nearby eats. The website recommended a place called, “Buffalo Wild Wings”. I decided to embrace my inner tourist. Ate way too much chicken wings. Regret is setting in!
- 9:00 PM – Sleep (or Attempt Thereof). The bed is comfy. The TV is awful. The exhaustion is real. I'm pretty sure I'll be out like a light as soon as my head hits the pillow.
Day 2: Breakfast, the Breakfast Bar, and the Subtle Art of Hotel Buffet Strategy
7:00 AM – The Dawn of the Continental Conspiracy. My alarm blares. Ugh. But…breakfast. The free continental breakfast is a must. The quest for the perfect breakfast is a game of strategy, a delicate balance of carb consumption and avoiding the questionable fruit salad.
7:30 AM - The Buffet Battlefield: The breakfast bar is… well, it's a breakfast bar. The usual suspects: Dry cereal, questionable pastries (I’m eyeing the muffins with suspicion), scrambled eggs that look suspiciously like rubber, and coffee that'll probably kickstart a small earthquake. My strategy? Coffee first. Then waffles. Always waffles.
8.00 AM – Waffle Warfare and the Joy of Sticky Syrup. The waffle maker! It's the centerpiece, the reason we're all here. Success! The waffle is golden-brown, the syrup flows freely. I add a generous dollop of whipped cream, because vacation calories don't count, right?
9:00 AM - Back to Reality I now head out, to… well, I have no idea. I just want to get out of this Hotel.
11:00 AM – Back To The Hotel I'm back. I did some shopping and need to get ready for my flight.
12:00 PM – Check out and Good riddance! I leave the hotel. I am finally free!
14:00 PM - Back Home. I am home!
Quirky Observations and Rambles:
- Why do hotel rooms always have those tiny, impossibly small shampoo bottles? Like, am I supposed to take a thimbleful of shampoo for my entire head of hair?
- I overheard a child yelling, "I want to go to the pool!" and immediately felt a pang of solidarity. The pool, my friend, the pool.
- The vending machine in the lobby is a cruel mistress, offering nothing but overpriced snacks and the faint hope of a Snickers bar.
- I am fairly certain that at any given moment, there are at least four people wandering the hotel hall in their pajamas, searching for the ice machine.
- I am sure I'll be back to the Holiday Inn Express again… I hope I don't have to deal with the pool again.
- The hotel is a place to be for a few days, it's not my forever home so I have to get to work.
Emotional Fallout:
I arrived tired and the hotel made me even more tired. I am going home.
In Conclusion:
The Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Waterford, Michigan? It's an experience. It's not glamorous, it's not perfect, but it’s got a waffle maker and a pool (eventually). It's a place where you can lose your mind searching for an aquatic oasis, eat questionable breakfast food, and generally just relax in the most wonderfully underwhelming way possible. And, well, isn't that what travel is all about? (Even if it's just to Waterford.)
Legoland Getaway! D'Pristine Medini Home (4-5 Guests)
Waterford's BEST Hotel Deal? IHG's Hidden Gem! (And My Head's Still Spinning)
Okay, spill the T! What's the 'Hidden Gem' they're talking about?
Is it REALLY a hidden gem? Or just cleverly marketed fluff?
Tell me about the *actual* experience. Which hotel? The good, the bad, and the ugly!
**The Good:** Holy moly, the VIEW! Seriously, I’m talking about the view here! My room looked out over… well, I’m not gonna say. But it was BEAUTIFUL. The breakfast buffet? A glorious spread of Irish goodness... everything from a lovely, fluffy omelet to perfectly cooked bacon! The bed? *Heavenly.* Like sinking into a cloud made of pure, sweet, sleep.
**The Bad:** Okay, this is where I get a little… picky. The Wi-Fi was a bit of a pain. Like, it kept cutting out at *the* most inconvenient times. And there was this *one* tiny, almost imperceptible stain on the carpet. I’m probably being dramatic, but I couldn't unsee it! But honestly, those are minor quibbles.
**The Ugly:** Alright, this is where I get REAL. There was this one time, I was in the elevator, and it suddenly *stopped*. Like, dead in its tracks. I'M claustrophobic! My heart went into overdrive! I pressed the 'emergency' button; I yelled. I nearly clawed the walls. Let’s just say, it took what felt like FOREVER to get rescued. I was traumatized! Okay, maybe not *that* bad, but it certainly soured the experience for a bit. (They brought me a free bottle of wine. That helped. A little.)
Overall, the good *far* outweighed the bad.
What do you need to know to book this deal? Any insider tips?
Why Waterford? Why not Dublin or someplace 'sexier'?
Did you *actually* find a 'hidden gem' or are you just trying to sell me something?
What would you say is the biggest drawback of this deal?
Would you do it again? Even after the elevator incident?!

