Luxury Redefined: Uncover the Ivory Place Hotel, Nigeria's Hidden Gem

Ivory Place Hotel Nigeria

Ivory Place Hotel Nigeria

Luxury Redefined: Uncover the Ivory Place Hotel, Nigeria's Hidden Gem

Alright, buckle up, because we're diving headfirst into the Ivory Place Hotel in Nigeria. Forget those sterile, predictable hotel reviews – this is gonna be a rollercoaster of opinions, observations, and maybe a few typos along the way. Because let's be real, nobody's perfect, and neither are hotels (usually).

Luxury Redefined: The Ivory Place - Is It Really a Hidden Gem? Let's Find Out!

This place is calling itself a "hidden gem," eh? Okay, Ivory Place, you’ve got my attention. I'm a sucker for a good claim, especially when it comes to luxury in a location that isn't necessarily known for it. Let's dissect this thing.

First Impressions (and a Confession!)

Okay, full disclosure, I'm a massive sucker for a good entrance. And the Ivory Place? Well, I'm still trying to piece the memory back together…it was a blur of friendly faces (I think), and an immediate, welcome blast of AC. Seriously. Nigeria. AC. That's already a win in my book.

Accessibility: Navigating the Ivory Place (And My Own Clumsiness)

Okay, so accessibility. Important stuff. The website says they cater to disabled guests. So, let's see. The elevator is up. Fine. That's one hurdle cleared. I didn’t see any issues with navigating the public spaces. The entrance was pretty good too. (This is where I need to state a big ol' disclaimer: I'm not disabled. I can only comment on what I perceive and the listed information. If you have specific mobility needs, it's crucial to contact the hotel directly and confirm everything before booking). But from my perspective… it looked good on the accessibility front.

The On-Site Feast: Restaurants and Lounges, Oh My!

Alright, food. This is where things get interesting. They tout a bunch of restaurants and lounges, which is always a good sign. Let's break it down.

  • The Restaurant(s) - a Buffet of Decisions: Now, I'm a huge fan of buffet breakfasts. And the Ivory Place? Served a decent one. You had your usual suspects – pastries (delicious!), eggs, a somewhat questionable sausage (that's okay, I wasn't expecting Michelin star), and then…the African options. I dove in. I tried everything. Some things were amazing, some were… an acquired taste. But that's the fun, right? To be in Nigeria, to eat in Nigeria, and try traditional food. The buffet aspect, with its variety, gets a big thumbs up.
  • Other Dining Delights: I didn't hit the other restaurants this time, but the options were there. A la carte, international cuisine, Asian cuisine. A veggie restaurant! Nice touch. The pool bar looked promising, and I might have seen someone sipping a cocktail. Poolside. I love the idea of that. Happy hour? Count me in next time. Room service? 24/7? Yes, please.

Internet: The Lifeline (And the Occasional Hang)

  • Wi-Fi: Okay, let's talk internet. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! YES. Essential. And, it actually worked. For the most part. There were moments of… lag. But hey, this is Nigeria, right? I wasn't expecting fiber-optic bliss. In the public areas, it was generally pretty solid. The Wi-Fi for special events thing… I can't comment on that, because I wasn't at a special event. Maybe next time, Ivory Place!
  • Internet LAN: Yes, they offer a LAN connection. For those who still do that. I didn't.
  • Internet Services: Good.

Things to Do and Ways to Relax: Bliss or Bust?

Okay, this is where the "hidden gem" claim really comes into play. Do they deliver on the relaxation front?

  • The Fitness Center: I glanced at the fitness center… It looked reasonably well-equipped, which is all I need. I may have thought about using it, but never quite got around to it. (Okay, I’m a travel procrastinator, sue me).
  • Pool with View…and Maybe a Headache? The outdoor pool looked inviting. Beautiful! Now, here’s where I had a slight issue. I think my room was on the same floor as the pool, and I may or may not have heard some pool-related noise, late at night. (Maybe bring earplugs, just in case?)
  • The Spa! This is where it gets gooooood. The spa. I indulged. (Gotta do it). I went for a massage. (This is the good stuff, right?). Wonderful. I’d even consider the sauna later on. The sauna was clean, so was the steam room. The therapists were skilled. It was pure bliss.
  • Other Relaxing Options: They've got a steam room. Foot bath. A nice little touch.

Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Safe, Staying Safe

  • Anti-Viral Cleaning and Disinfection: This is important. I observed the hotel diligently following safety protocols.
  • Sanitation: Good sanitization of the kitchen, tableware, and rooms.
  • Other Measures: Daily disinfection was evident. Hand sanitizers were everywhere.
  • Rooms Sanitization Opt-Out: This is brilliant.
  • Food options: Individually wrapped food options.
  • Staff Trained: The staff certainly acted like the were trained in safety protocol.
  • Doctor/Nurse on Call: I never needed one, and am thankful, but good to know.
  • CCTV in common areas & outside property: This added peace of mind.
  • Security: 24-hour security.

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Fueling the Adventure!

  • Coffee Shop: Needed a coffee. Got lovely coffee.
  • Snack Bar: Needed a snack. Got a snack.
  • Bars: The bar was cool.
  • Happy hour: Yes!
  • Breakfast: Good spread, as mentioned above. Buffet!
  • Room Service: 24-hour: yes!
  • Alternative meal arrangement: Yes!
  • Food delivery: Yes!

Services and Conveniences: Does it All Work?

  • Concierge: Helpful.
  • Currency Exchange: Absolutely.
  • Elevator: Yes.
  • Dry Cleaning/Laundry: Yes.
  • Food Delivery: Yes.
  • Daily Housekeeping: Yes.
  • Meeting/Banquet Facilities: They have it, but I wasn't hosting a conference.
  • Luggage storage: Indeed.
  • Gift/Souvenir Shop: I did not visit.
  • Air Conditioning: Essential.
  • Business facilities: Available.

For the Kids: Family-Friendly?

I didn’t have kids with me, but it was clear this place is family-friendly.

  • Babysitting service: Check.
  • Kids Facilities: They've got stuff.
  • Kids Meal: Yup.

Available in All Rooms: The Nitty Gritty

  • Air conditioning: Thank God!
  • Alarm clock: Yup.
  • Bathrobes: Definitely appreciated.
  • Bathroom phone: Okay…
  • Bathtub: Yes.
  • Blackout curtains: YES.
  • Coffee/tea maker: Essential.
  • Free bottled water: Always.
  • Hair dryer: Yes!
  • Ironing facilities: Necessary!
  • Mini bar: Yup.
  • Private bathroom: Of course.
  • Refrigerator: Useful.
  • Satellite/cable channels: Yes.
  • Seating area: Excellent.
  • Smoke detector: Yes.
  • Soundproofing: Needed.
  • Telephone: Still works.
  • Toiletries: Provided.
  • Wake-up service: Yes.
  • Wi-Fi [free]: Yes.
  • Window: Opens.

Getting Around:

  • Airport transfer: Yes!
  • Car park: Yes.
  • Taxi service: Yes.
  • Valet parking: Yes.

The Verdict:

Is the Ivory Place a "hidden gem?". It's close. It certainly tries hard, and it does a lot of things very well. The spa, the pools, and the staff are all great. The Wi-Fi can be a bit spotty, and I did hear a little bit of noise, but the positives definitely outweigh the negatives.

The Emotional Rundown:

  • Happy surprises: the spa, the breakfast, and the general effort put in by the staff.
  • Slightly frustrating: the Wi-Fi wobbles.

Luxury Redefined: Uncover The Ivory Place Hotel, Nigeria’s Hidden Gem – Your Escape Awaits!

**Here

OYO Hotel Clamart: UK's BEST Hidden Gem? You WON'T Believe This!

Book Now

Ivory Place Hotel Nigeria

Alright, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your grandma's trip itinerary. This is my attempt to survive – nay, thrive – at the Ivory Place Hotel Nigeria. And trust me, a "schedule" is only a suggestion, more a loose guideline than a rigid rule. This is gonna be… interesting.

The Ivory Place Hotel Debacle (or, "How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Generator")

Day 1: Arrival and… Oh God, the Humidity.

  • 10:00 AM (ish) - Arrival at Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos: Okay, first impression: the air hits you like a wet, warm blanket. Instantly regretting my decision to wear a turtleneck. Passport control was a thing. My visa photo looked like I was auditioning for a police lineup. But hey, I made it! My excitement peaked right before I saw the hotel shuttle - a battered Toyota with suspicious stains and a driver who looked like he'd seen things.

  • 12:30 PM (probably) - Check-in & Hotel Room… The "Rustic Charm" of Room 217: "Rustic charm" is code for "ancient and possibly haunted." The key card didn't work the first three times. The air conditioning is chugging its last breath. The sheets… well, let's just say they've seen a lot of history. The view? A concrete wall and the insistent hum of the hotel generator (which I'm already developing a weird relationship with. It's the soundtrack to my Nigerian adventure, I suppose.)

  • 1:00 PM - Lunch at the Hotel Restaurant: The restaurant is a dimly lit cavern. Ordered a plate of jollof rice. It's… jollof rice. Still figuring out if it's delicious or if I'm just starving. Service? Let's just say patience is a virtue, especially when the waiter seems to have forgotten my existence. I swear, I watched him disappear for 20 minutes to… I don't even know. Maybe he took a quick trip to the moon.

  • 2:30 PM (maybe) - Poolside Dip (if the water's not green): The pool looked inviting. Until I got closer. The water has a certain… algae-esque tint. Debating: typhoid? Or simply embracing the adventure? Still, I'm gonna go for it

  • 4:00 PM - Exploration of the Hotel's "Amenities": Okay, so there's one gym with a treadmill that sounds like a dying rhino and a "spa" that is probably just a massage table in a closet. Decided to forgo both. Wandered toward the hotel shop, which is more a glorified storage room with a handful of dusty trinkets and overpriced snacks. Bought a bottle of water. Hydration is key.

  • 6:00 PM - Sunset and… Mosquito Massacre: The sunset was actually quite beautiful, all fiery oranges and purples. Standing out on the balcony… before the mosquitos descended. I became a walking buffet. Applied DEET-infused anything.

  • 7:00 PM - Dinner… Again (still hungry): Back at the restaurant. This time, I went for something called "pepper soup." It's… spicy. Very, very spicy. My tastebuds are singing a mournful ode. But the flavor is amazing, though. Maybe it's the generator's rhythm, perhaps it's the challenge?

  • 8:00 PM - Battling the Generator & Sleep (or Attempt There-of): The Generator is now loud. It's also stopped and it just started again. I'm exhausted. Thinking of changing rooms.

Day 2: Culture Shock, Cravings, and Close Encounters.

  • 7:00 AM (if I'm lucky) - Breakfast, the Buffet Battle: Breakfast is a free-for-all. The buffet is a glorious mess of options. The eggs look suspicious, so, I’m passing. But the bread, though – it’s incredible! I have filled my face.
  • 9:00 AM (a tentative plan) - Exploring Lagos Island: I'd planned to go to the National Museum and the Lekki Conservation Centre. "Planned" is the operative word. The traffic alone is enough to make me lose my will to live. But I'm gonna try. I'm going on a mission to get to the National Museum. Wish me luck, I'll need it.
  • 11:00 AM - Traffic Terror (National Museum Attempt #1): I made it 2 blocks. I may have to give up on the whole "cultural immersion" thing. I'm already seriously sweating, and I haven't even gotten out of the taxi. The driver is a saint, though.
  • 12:00 PM - Lunch - Local Flavor: Found a street vendor. I'm eating something from a lady who doesn't speak English. This is what true adventure is like.
  • 1:00 PM - National Museum (Take Two): Success! I made it. The museum is smaller than I expected, but the art is beautiful. Actually, it's surprisingly moving. I had a good time.
  • 3:00 PM – Back to the Hotel – Avoiding the Madness: I'd like to escape. I need to get back to my room, away from the heat, the honking, the sheer overwhelmingness of Lagos. The generator is now my comfort blanket.
  • 5:00 PM - Evening Relaxation (with a side of Generator): Back on the balcony, drinking the delicious mineral water. Thinking about going back to the pool. The water is still slightly green. Eh, what the hell.
  • 7:00 PM - Dinner again… The Pepper Soup's Revenge: Yep, back at the restaurant. Pepper soup again. This time, I'm prepared. Even though my tongue is on fire again. I'm strangely addicted.
  • 8:00 PM - The Great Generator Debate: I'm starting to miss it when the generator shuts down. The silence is deafening! I almost get its rhythm. I think I'm going insane.

Day 3 and Beyond… The Unwritten Chapters:

  • Days 3-… whatever: Embrace the Chaos: I'm starting to accept that this trip won't be perfect. It'll be a muddle. It'll be sweaty. It'll be loud. It'll be hilarious. I'll roll with it.
  • Eventually: I’ll see the Lekki Conservation Center. And maybe, just maybe, I'll even make a friend.
  • Packing up… I'll leave Ivory Place a changed man. I'll carry with me the memory of jollof rice, the rhythmic hum of the generator, the unrelenting sun, and the chaotic beauty of Nigeria.

So, that's my "itinerary." It's a mess, I know. But honestly, it's the only way I'm gonna survive this experience. Wish me luck. I'm gonna need it. And maybe… just maybe… I’ll actually have a good time.

KLCC's 51st Floor Infinity Pool Paradise: 387 Platinum Suites Await!

Book Now

Ivory Place Hotel Nigeria

Luxury Redefined: Uncover The Ivory Place Hotel - FAQ (Because Let's Be Real, You Need Answers!)

Okay, Spill. Is The Ivory Place *Really* All That? The Hype is Intense.

Alright, fine, let's get this out of the way. Is The Ivory Place a life-altering experience? Maybe not. Is it living up to the hype? Okay, here's the deal: it *mostly* does. Look, I'm Nigerian, and trust me, I've seen "luxury" hotels that were basically just… well, glorified guest houses with slightly fancier chairs. Ivory Place is different. The service? Top-notch – genuinely attentive without being overbearing. The rooms? Beautifully appointed, with massive beds you could get utterly lost in.

But... (and there's always a but, right?) the first time I went? I was *so* excited, thought I was walking into a palace made of diamonds. I'd seen the Instagram ads, the perfectly lit photos, the promise of pure bliss. And I arrived, utterly exhausted after a flight and a chaotic Lagos traffic experience (as always!). The check-in was smooth (phew!), the room was gorgeous… And then I tried to order room service. Let's just say the menu did *not* match the mood I was expecting. My "gourmet burger" tasted suspiciously like something I could've slapped together myself at 3 am after a particularly rough night. It was, um, a bit disappointing.

I was devastated! Truly heartbroken! (Dramatic, I know, but I'd built it up in my head!). However, I'm telling you, the next morning's breakfast buffet, with fresh-squeezed orange juice that actually tasted like oranges, and the perfect Nigerian jollof rice? Redeemed. Absolutely redeemed. This is not what you would expect from this type hotel.

What's the Vibe Like? Is it All Snobby, or Can a Regular Person Actually Relax?

Okay, here's the truth bomb: it’s not ALL stuffy. The staff is genuinely friendly and welcoming. I’ve seen people rock up in everything from designer gowns to (gasp!) jeans and t-shirts. You won't feel out of place, unless, you know, you show up in your pajamas to the dinner service, maybe.

But, yes, there's a certain… air. You *are* in a luxury hotel, so expect a few of those "look at me, I'm so important" types. Ignore them! Just grab yourself a cocktail by the pool (more on that later) and soak it all in. Honestly, most people are just there to unwind. I went with a friend, remember that time we had a terrible waiter? It made us laugh a lot and that's the point!

And the Pool? Is it Instagram-Worthy? (Seriously Though…)

The pool situation? Listen up! It's a stunner. Seriously, Instagram-worthy is an understatement. It’s big, it’s blue, it’s surrounded by lush greenery, and the sun loungers are like actual clouds. I spent a solid afternoon there just… existing. Reading a book, sipping something fruity and utterly, *blissfully* ignoring my phone. (Okay, I took *one* photo.) The pool is where The Ivory Place truly SHINES.

That said... I saw a kid once, throwing a football. It was chaos! And another time, two women practically argued over a sun lounger. So, you know, it’s still reality. But largely, the pool is a major highlight. Just be prepared to share it with… well, other humans. And maybe avoid the football games.

Let's Talk Food. Is it Worth the Price Tag? (Because, let's be real, luxury comes at a cost.)

The food situation is… a mixed bag. The breakfast buffet? Stellar. The jollof rice is worth the price of admission alone. Seriously, it’s perfect. And there is a good selection of international dishes. Dinner? Can be hit or miss. That burger… (shudders). But other restaurants at the hotel offers unique meals. Fine dining can be delicious, but expensive.

Honestly? I'd recommend venturing out a bit. Explore the local eateries! You'll find incredible, authentic food at a fraction of the price. Sometimes, the best moments come from exploring outside the hotel walls. My recommendation is to try the hotel restaurants, but don't be afraid to explore the town.

What About the Spa? Bliss or Budget Breaker?

The spa? Okay, here's my honest take: it's luxurious, yes. The treatments are excellent. The ambiance is pure zen. But, honey, it’s *expensive*. Like, eye-watering expensive. I once treated myself to a massage, and I swear, the cost made me tense up more than the knots they were trying to work out!

So, is it a must-do? If you have the budget, ABSOLUTELY. If not? Maybe consider packing some bath bombs and having long soak in the tub in your room instead. Still luxurious! Plus, let's be real, sometimes the best spa treatment is a good night's sleep. And the beds are amazing.

Is It Family-Friendly? Or More Romantic Getaway Vibes? (Or Both?)

Both! I've seen families there, enjoying the pool and generally looking like they're having a great time. There are also plenty of couples doing the romantic getaway thing. The hotel offers a good balance. The rooms are spacious enough to accommodate a family comfortably, and the staff is generally very accommodating with kids.

If you *specifically* want a child-free zone, maybe check ahead and see if there are any areas that cater to adults only. But overall, it's a pretty inclusive place.

Any Tips for Saving Money (Because, let's be honest, we all need them)?

Okay, here's the lowdown:

  • Book in advance! You'll probably snag a better rate.
  • Consider the off-season. Prices are often significantly lower.
  • Eat outside the hotel. There are plenty of great, affordable restaurants nearby.
  • Skip the spa. Treat yourself at home!
  • Take advantage of any deals. Look out for package deals or promotions.
  • Use the mini bar sparingly. Those drinks are *insanely* overpriced. Grab some water before you head up to your room!

Stay Collective

Ivory Place Hotel Nigeria

Ivory Place Hotel Nigeria