
Escape to Paradise: Uncover Hidden Mexico at Quinta Las Alondras Hotel
Okay, buckle up, buttercup! Because we're about to dive headfirst into the glorious, slightly-unhinged world of Quinta Las Alondras Hotel. This isn't your average sterile hotel review, honey. This is the real deal. The messy, the beautiful, the "did-I-seriously-just-eat-three-tacos-for-breakfast?" kind of real.
Quinta Las Alondras: My Mexican Escape (and Existential Crisis)
Let’s be FRANK: I'm not a travel writer. I'm just… me. And me, right now, is still buzzing from my recent escape to Quinta Las Alondras, this supposed "Hidden Mexico" paradise. Was it paradise? Well, let's unpack the sombrero of experiences, shall we?
First Impressions (and the Struggle Bus of Accessibility):
Okay, let's get real. I'm not exactly Agile in my locomotion. So, the first thing I checked was the Accessibility. I mean, who wants to spend their vacation fighting uphill battles against stairs? The website said "facilities for disabled guests." Great! Reality? A bit… patchy. The main areas were pretty good, thankfully boasting an elevator (thank the heavens!), but navigating some of the… ahem… more "rustic" pathways around the grounds could be challenging. I'm talking uneven cobblestones. I'm talking a small, but very real sense of panic when my wheelchair wheels looked like they might, at any moment, abandon me and then be eaten by nature. So, to the hotel: I'd say some of this stuff is good, but I'd highly advise calling ahead and getting the specifics, because the site doesn't go into a great deal of depth.
Rambling Before Diving In I got a little bit out of shape in the first paragraph. Let's get back on track with a solid structure:
The Good Stuff - Did Someone Say "Spa Day"?
Let's start with the positive because damn it, as I sit here, I realize I had a pretty great holiday!
The Spa. Oh, the Spa. My Body's Surrender.
Look, I'm not a yoga instructor. I’m a person who needs a massage after a hard day of… nothing, really. But Quinta Las Alondras has a Spa and the Spa is worthy of a little bit of a dramatic flourish. The Body wrap? Yes, please. The Sauna? Get in my veins! Especially the poolside sauna with a view. Especially after a day of exploring (or, more like, napping by the pool with a book). I’d recommend the foot bath – a heavenly little ritual. I'm pretty sure my feet haven't been this blissfully exfoliated since, well, ever. I'm going for a sauna. I did it twice. It was like being reborn. If you can get in, go. The steam room was a great experience.
Pool with a View, the Pool, the Pool
This part is easy.
- Swimming Pool outdoor
- Pool with a view (check!)
I spent a significant portion of my stay in the pool, with a cocktail in hand. The views are stunning. The water is… wet (obviously). It was perfect for swimming, just chilling, and maybe even doing a little bit of light thinking (i.e. staring off into the distance, wondering if I left the oven on back home).
Food, Glorious Food (and the Occasional Stomach Rumble):
The food here is an adventure. I mean, there are restaurants! There are Bars! Buffets! There's even a dedicated vegetarian restaurant, which is perfect for that one friend who thinks cheese is a vegetable.
A la carte: Yup, you can order individual dishes.
Asian cuisine in the restaurant: Yes, they have it!
International Cuisine: Sure!
Western Cuisine: Double yes!
I have to be honest: I ate far, far too many tacos. No regrets. Seriously, the 'happy hour" was a real deal. I probably spent half my waking hours within spittin' distance of a plate of nachos. I probably could have just ordered 3 servings of nachos.
My favorite was the soup in the restaurant:
Getting Down to Brass Tacks (and the "Things to Do" that Actually Matter):
- Things to Do: "Uncover Hidden Mexico" is right. There are things to do, from simply lounging by the pool to trips to the local market (recommended). I'm more of a lounger, and they have you covered on that.
- Ways to Relax: They’ve got it all: Pool, Sauna, Spa…. I see a pattern emerging.
The Nitty-Gritty: Cleanliness, Safety, and the Great Sanitization Debate:
- Cleanliness and Safety:
- They were hyper-vigilant about all the things. Hand sanitizer EVERYWHERE. Staff in masks. Daily cleaning, etc. I felt safe. Maybe a little too safe, like I'd stumbled into a government facility. But still, better safe than… sick.
- Anti-viral cleaning products. Fine by me.
- Staff trained in safety protocol. Very good.
- Room sanitization opt-out available. I didn't opt-out.
- Rooms sanitized between stays. Excellent.
- Physical distancing of at least 1 meter. Pretty much adhered to. People are, well, people. But it was close enough.
- Cashless payment service. Fine by me.
- Hygiene certification. Good to know.
The Room Itself: My Little Sanctuary (or, The Place I Hated Having to Leave):
- The Room: Let's talk about this.
- Air Conditioning: Crucial. Mexico is hot, remember?
- Free Wi-Fi: Praise be. I needed my Instagram fix!
- Comforts: They have the essentials down, but the room felt a little… utilitarian. But the bed was comfortable. Which is what matters.
- Daily Housekeeping: My room was always spotless. They even put the shampoo bottles back where I left them.
- The shower: Worked perfectly. The water was hot. I have no complaints, other than I wanted the shower to last a little longer.
Drinking, Dining, and Snacking (because let's be honest, that's what really matters):
- Dining, drinking, and snacking:
- Poolside bar: Essential.
- Snack bar: Essential.
- 24-hour Room service: I didn't use it.
- Coffee shop: Yes.
The Fine Print (or, The Stuff You Need to Know):
- Accessibility: They have facilities for disabled guests, as previously mentioned, but check for specifics. Call ahead. Do your homework.
- Internet: Wi-Fi worked great. I was able to stream my favorite shows.
- Services and Conveniences: Daily housekeeping, laundry service, luggage storage, etc. The usual helpful stuff.
- For the Kids: Babysitting is offered. Family-friendly? Seems so, even if I didn’t have kids.
- Getting Around: Airport transfer (yes!), car park (free!), taxi service. Easy peasy.
My Verdict: The Bottom Line
- Pros: Stunning views, solid Spa, the food, the pool. The friendly staff. The feeling of being away from it all.
- Cons: Accessibility might be an issue for some.
- Overall: Definitely worth a visit. Just remember to pack your swimsuit, your sense of adventure, and maybe, just maybe, an extra pair of comfy shoes for all that walking around.
Now, here's your call to action:
Escape to Paradise: Uncover Hidden Mexico at Quinta Las Alondras Hotel! Book Your Getaway Today!
Are you ready to trade the everyday for something extraordinary? To escape to a world of sun-drenched beaches, lush gardens, and the kind of tranquility that melts away stress like ice cream on a summer day? Then get your damn bags ready, because Quinta Las Alondras Hotel is calling your name!
Here's What Awaits You:
Unforgettable Relaxation: Immerse yourself in the ultimate spa experience, lounge by our stunning pools, or simply unwind in the perfect setting.
Culinary Adventures: Indulge in fresh, flavorful meals, from authentic Mexican cuisine to international delights. Enjoy happy hour, and sip on something delicious from our poolside bar.
Hidden Treasures: Discover the magic of "Hidden Mexico" with easy access to local markets, cultural sites, and breathtaking natural beauty.
Comfort & Convenience: Enjoy well-appointed rooms with all the amenities you need for a perfect stay, including our new:
- **Free Wi-Fi

Okay, buckle up buttercups, 'cause this ain't your grandma's meticulously planned travel itinerary. This is the REAL DEAL, the gloriously messy, tequila-soaked truth about my trip to Hotel Quinta Las Alondras in Mexico. Let the chaos commence!
Hotel Quinta Las Alondras: My Mexican Mishap (But Mostly Magic)
Day 1: Arrival – Lost Luggage, Found Faith (and Tequila)
Morning (7:00 AM): Flight from… well, let's just say a place far, far away. Praying to the travel gods that my luggage doesn't pull a disappearing act again. (Spoiler alert: it did. Argh!)
Afternoon (2:00 PM): Finally arrived! Hotel Quinta Las Alondras. Holy guacamole, it's gorgeous. Lush gardens, colorful bougainvillea spilling everywhere, and a pool that's practically begging me to jump in. Check-in was a breeze… except my luggage. Vanished. POOF. Gone. The airlines? "We'll get back to you." Yeah, right.
- Anecdote: I swear, the lady at the front desk, bless her heart, saw the despair on my face and immediately offered me a welcome drink. A margarita. A strong margarita. Suddenly, my luggage? Less of a crisis. More of an "eh, it'll turn up eventually" kinda thing.
Late Afternoon (4:00 PM): Wandered the grounds, slightly tipsy, admiring the architecture. It felt like a movie set. All the vibrant colors. I could happily get lost in those gardens for days.
Evening (7:00 PM): Dinner at the hotel restaurant. Ordered everything. The salsa was fire. The mariachi band, a little aggressive in asking for tips, but good. The food? Unforgettable. Especially the tacos (obsession begins).
- Quirky Observation: The waiters kept calling me "Señorita," which initially made me feel fancy. Then, I realized it was probably just the default. Still, made me feel good about the margarita.
Evening (9:00 PM): Poolside. Attempted stargazing. More importantly, had another margarita. And another. Briefly considered swimming in the pool with my clothes on. Maybe tomorrow.
Day 2: The Search for Authenticity (and Sunburn)
- Morning (8:00 AM): Breakfast. Seriously, the best breakfast I've had in ages! Fresh fruit, pastries, chilaquiles… I could live here and become very, very round.
- Morning (9:00 AM): Okay, the sun is a beast. But the pool is a must.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM): Headed into town. The streets are alive with energy! The colors, the scents, the sounds. I just wanted to drink in the everyday life.
- Rambling: Got a bit lost, of course. Directions? They're a suggestion, not a rule, right? Ended up in a tiny, dusty park, listening to some old men play dominoes. It was perfect. It was… real. The place felt filled with the heart of Mexico
- Opinionated Language: I hate those tourist trap souvenir shops. So fake! So overpriced! I was searching for something authentic. Something with soul. Something… that wasn't a sombrero shaped like a chihuahua.
- Afternoon (3:00 PM): Found an amazing tiny restaurant off the beaten path. Ordered the local specialty. (It was delicious, I think. Hard to remember through the spicy heat!)
- Evening (7:00 PM): Sunset at the hotel pool. Absolutely breathtaking. Decided to be a responsible adult and NOT drink more tequila. Did NOT work.
Day 3: The Great Taco Obsession (and a Questionable Taxi Ride)
- Morning (9:00 AM): Sleep-in and then a swim. Then, to the heart of the matter: tacos. I was on a quest. The quest for the perfect taco.
- Doubling Down on a Single Experience: Spent the entire day sampling every taco stand I could find. Carnitas? Al pastor? Shrimp? Bring it on! I judged each taco on its tortilla (perfectly made). Filling (tender meat, fresh toppings). And the all-important salsa (the spicier, the better). My notes are a mess of scribbled ratings and the occasional "OMG!"
- Emotional Reaction: I'm not exaggerating when I say the tacos changed my life. Okay, maybe a little. But seriously, the flavors… the textures… the pure joy of a perfect taco. It was euphoric! I considered quitting my job and becoming a professional taco taster.
- Messier Structure: Somewhere in between the tacos, I took a siesta. Followed by another taco run. Followed by a nap.
- Evening (7:00 PM): The taxi ride back to the hotel was… interesting. Let's just say the driver enjoyed his music. Loudly. And didn't speak any English, which made explaining my (somewhat circuitous) route… challenging. We bond through the music, though.
- Evening (9:00 PM): Another tequila, another mariachi serenade (still not used to the tip pressure). I am happy. The luggage? Still MIA. Whatever.
Day 4: Farewell Fiesta? (And a Moment of Melancholy)
- Morning (8:00 AM): Final breakfast. Savoring every bite, anticipating the pain of leaving this paradise.
- Morning (9:00 AM): Last swim. Last views. This place. This place had stolen my heart.
- Afternoon (1:00 PM): Final wander around town. Bought some small gifts. Not the sombrero.
- Afternoon (3:00 PM): Checked out. A little sad.
- Emotional Reaction: I am leaving this beautiful place with a full stomach and a little bit of sunburn. I am sad to leave. But I am grateful for the experience. I'll come back here.
- Evening (6:00 PM): Flying home. Hope they will get my lost luggage soon. Maybe those lost luggage will enjoy the tacos too!
Postscript:
- My luggage? It arrived. A week later. With a note from the airlines apologizing… and including a complementary bar of soap. Seriously?
- Would I go back to Hotel Quinta Las Alondras? In a heartbeat. Prepare yourself for the tacos. And the margaritas. And the magic. Just maybe pack a spare wardrobe, just in case.
And that, my friends, is the unfiltered truth. Mexico, you were wonderful. Hotel Quinta Las Alondras, you'll be seeing me again!
Morelia Getaway: Unbelievable Comfort Inn Deals!
Escape to Paradise: Uncover Hidden Mexico at Quinta Las Alondras – (My Brain's Ramblings)
Okay, okay, spill the beans… Is Quinta Las Alondras REALLY "Paradise"? Or is it just Instagram-pretty?
Alright, alright, lemme tell you. Paradise? Look, my expectations were HIGH. I'd seen the photos, the perfectly-posed influencers, the… well, you know. The whole “escape to a hidden Mexican oasis” spiel. And the truth? It's complicated. It's… *more* than Instagram. At least, it's *different*.
The first thing that hit me wasn’t the turquoise water or the perfect sand (which, by the way, are pretty darn good). It was the *smell*. You know? That specific, humid, salty, and faintly floral scent that just SCREAMS "Mexico!" Like, I took a deep breath and immediately thought "Okay, this is… *something*."
But paradise isn't perfect. And that's kind of the point, right? More on that later. First impressions? Yes to the picture-perfect views. Absolutely. But also… yes to that slightly less-shiny reality that makes it real. I'd say it's… *paradise with character*. Or maybe Paradise-Adjacent? Ugh, I'm rambling. Keep reading.
So, About Those Rooms... Are They Actually Comfortable, or Just Cute? (And God, please tell me the AC Works!)
Right, the rooms. Okay, here's the tea. "Cute" is an understatement. They're like… you know, that whole "rustic chic" vibe? Think whitewashed walls, breezy linens, dark wood furniture but still… *nice*. Maybe a bit… rough around the edges? Like, there's a charm to it, a lack of clinical perfection, which I actually ended up loving.
But the AC? OH, THE AC. My *God*, that was my biggest fear. I cannot handle sticky, sleepless nights. And I am happy to report, it *worked*. Like, arctic-blast-level worked. I could practically hang meat in my room. Perfect for escaping the heat, but be warned, it can get *bone-chilling* cold. Pack a sweater for your room! Seriously. I nearly froze my arse off after a day in the sun.
One thing I didn't love? My room was...a little *too* open. Okay, not open, but not sealed. I think I only got bitten by some kind of bug twice. Which, considering I'm normally a walking buffet for mosquitoes, was a win.
The Food! Tell Me About the Food! I’m a Snob (and I'm hungry).
Okay, food. This is where things get… *interesting*. I’m a foodie! A snob, even. And I went in with both high hopes and low expectations. Mexican food can be amazing, but it can also be… well, you know. Tourist-trap-taco-stand-mediocre, is what I mean.
Quinta Las Alondras, bless 'em, *tried*. The breakfast spread was pretty decent. Fresh fruit, eggs, some of the best pancakes I've had in ages. And HOLY GUACAMOLE: the guacamole was a religious experience. Seriously. I ate more guacamole in those few days than I probably should have in a lifetime. It was SO fresh, like, "they just picked the avocados from the tree, right?" fresh.
Now, the dinner...well, it was hit and miss. Some nights were absolutely divine. Freshly caught fish, beautifully prepared. Other nights...let's just say it was a bit… “trying.” I remember one particularly bland chicken dish. *Sigh*. But overall, the good definitely outweighed the bad. And the guacamole. The guacamole made up for everything.
Pro Tip: Chat with the staff! Ask them for recommendations. They know where the good stuff is. And tip well! These folks work hard.
What About the Beach? Is it Swimmable or Just Pretty to Look At? And How Crowded is it?
The beach! Ah, the beach. This is where Quinta Las Alondras truly shines. Swimmable? Absolutely. The water is crystal clear, the waves are gentle (most of the time), and it’s the perfect temperature. I spent hours (and lost track of them, mind you!) just bobbing around, gazing at the sky.
Now, the best part? It’s not crowded. I mean, it *wasn't* shoulder-to-shoulder tourists, at least when I went. I found a nice, shady spot under a palm tree, plopped my towel down, and basically claimed that little slice of heaven as my own. Bliss.
BUT (and there’s always a but, isn’t there?), the sand isn’t perfectly manicured white sand - it's got a little more grit. But is that a problem? Not really. It's part of the charm. You're not in a resort, remember? You're in a… well, a *place*. A real place.
Okay, Real Talk: What Annoyed You? What Was the Rub?
Alright, here’s where I get real. Because no place is perfect, and honestly, I wouldn’t want it to be. The "rub"? Let's just say I'm not a fan of loud people, and there was a group there who were a bit… boisterous. Like, I'm talking early-morning poolside karaoke and questionable dance moves at dinner noisy.
And the service? It’s good, but it's… leisurely. Which, hey! You're on vacation! But sometimes, when you're hangry and waiting for your breakfast burrito, it can be a *bit* much. Especially if you are hungover.
Also, and this is a minor thing, but the wifi was spotty. Like, "can't upload my jealousy-inducing Instagram stories" spotty. But hey, maybe that was a blessing in disguise. Disconnecting from the world is part of the point, right?
Would You Go Back? And Give Me the Honest, Unfiltered Answer!
Would I go back? Absolutely. Yes! Without a doubt. Even with the minor annoyances, the inconsistent food, and the occasional loud neighbor. The beach alone is worth the trip. But it’s more than that. It's the feeling of being… away. Genuinely away from it all. The slower pace, the friendly faces, the *realness* of it all.
It wasn’t polished and perfect, like the pictures. It was… *alive*. It was imperfect, and I loved it. It’s the kind of place where you slow down, breathe deep, and actually *feel* the sun on your skin. And that? That's priceless.
Hotels In Asia Search

