
Indonesian Paradise Found: Yello Hotel Jemursari's Unbelievable Luxury!
Yello Hotel Jemursari: My Indonesian Paradise? (Or At Least, a Pretty Darn Good Stay!) - A (Mostly) Honest Review
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I'm about to spill the tea on the Yello Hotel Jemursari in Surabaya, Indonesia. This isn't some cookie-cutter review; this is my unfiltered take, complete with the good, the slightly-less-good, and the "OMG, remember that time…" moments. Let's get messy!
First Impressions: Arrival and Accessibility – Not Just a Pretty Face (Thankfully!)
Landing in Surabaya, the heat hits you like a wall. Seriously, it's a wall. But thankfully, the Yello provided a smooth experience from the start. Airport transfer? Sorted. Check-in/out [express]? Yep. I, let's be honest, NEED quick check-ins. I'm a travel wrecking ball on a mission to hydrate and find the nearest air conditioning. Speaking of which, the air conditioning in the public areas was a lifesaver. Praise the AC gods!
Accessibility wins points right off the bat. Elevators, wide hallways, and what seemed like a genuinely helpful staff made navigating the hotel a breeze. While I can't personally vouch for full wheelchair accessibility (I don't use a wheelchair), I did see a lot of thoughtful design that looked promising. This is HUGE, people. Accessibility isn’t just a tick-box; it’s a commitment to everyone feeling welcome. And hey, if you're bringing the family, there's even a babysitting service!
Rooms: My Sanctuary (Mostly)
Walking into the room was a moment. Fresh, clean, and… thankfully, air conditioning was working at full power. Important! It wasn’t a palatial suite, but the space was well-designed, modern, and comfortable, and the design was pretty stylish for a hotel. Non-smoking rooms are a must for me (and the hotel certainly delivered on that front).
Here’s the thing: Free Wi-Fi (in all rooms!) – YES. I was able to check my Insta story, which is always a massive bonus. No faffing around with dodgy hotel internet and slow speeds! There was also Internet access – LAN, so if you are like a true business person, you've got options. Also, Daily housekeeping kept things tidy - crucial when dealing with a messy traveler like myself.
The bathroom? Functional, clean – the essentials. Complimentary toiletries, hair dryer, and fresh towels were a given. Standard stuff, but appreciated. The blackout curtains were a godsend for battling jet lag and the extra long bed meant I finally had some room to sprawl.
Food Glorious Food (And Some Misses)
Okay, let's talk food, because that's where things got… interesting. The breakfast buffet was… a buffet. You know the drill. There was certainly an Asian breakfast. I was able to get my noodle fix from the buffet in the restaurant. Coffee/tea in restaurant, check and check, essential for waking up your brain.
The restaurants offered a solid selection of Asian cuisine, from spicy curries to noodles. A Western breakfast, with things like pancakes appeared on the menu. But sometimes, the vibe felt a little…corporate. You know? The kind where everything’s well-presented but missing a bit of soul. That said, I'm not gonna lie, when I was really tired, I’d just get room service [24-hour] and eat it in bed. Don't judge me.
And a shoutout to the poolside bar, which saved me from total sunstroke. Drinks were cold, the music was good (again, subjective!), and the view…well, the view was of the pool. But that was enough for a few hours.
Dining, drinking, and snacking:
- A la carte in restaurant - Yup, got that
- Alternative meal arrangement - Nice touch.
- Asian cuisine in restaurant - Got that.
- Bar - Got that.
- Bottle of water - Always a must.
- Breakfast [buffet] - Well, it's a buffet, so…
- Breakfast service - Yep.
- Buffet in restaurant - See above.
- Coffee/tea in restaurant - Essential fuel.
- Coffee shop - Got it.
- Desserts in restaurant - A sweet addition.
- Happy hour - Yes, please!
- International cuisine in restaurant - A touch of global flavors.
- Poolside bar - Crucial for relaxation.
- Restaurants - Plural!
- Room service [24-hour] - Bless.
- Salad in restaurant - Healthy option.
- Snack bar - Grab and go!
- Soup in restaurant - Comfort food.
- Vegetarian restaurant - Options for everyone.
- Western breakfast - The usual suspects.
- Western cuisine in restaurant - Variety is the spice of life.
Things to Do and Ways to Relax – Spa Day! (Or Bust?)
This is where the Yello Hotel Jemursari almost hit perfection. They had a swimming pool [outdoor], which was a fantastic way to cool off after exploring the city. You could get some of the following for relaxing: Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath, Massage, Sauna, Spa, Spa/sauna, Steamroom. It was so relaxing it became the highlight of my trip. I really needed it.
The fitness center did its job – treadmills, weights, the whole shebang.
Spa Experience:
I really wanted to experience a spa day to feel completely at ease. I had a great session of massage and a great experience.
Hidden Gems and Quirks
- The little convenience store: I needed an emergency packet of biscuits for a midnight snack. They had it!
- The staff: They were incredibly friendly and helpful, always with a smile. And a genuine (mostly) eagerness to assist.
Cleanliness and Safety - The COVID Stuff and Beyond
Look, we're still living in a pandemic world, and I appreciated the Yello's commitment to safety. Hand sanitizer everywhere, staff trained in safety protocol, and daily disinfection in common areas. It felt safe, and that’s priceless. I also appreciated Cashless payment service and the option to Room sanitization opt-out available
Anti-viral cleaning products - Yay!
Breakfast takeaway service - Nice if you're in a rush
Cashless payment service - Makes life easier.
Daily disinfection in common areas - A must.
Doctor/nurse on call - Peace of mind.
First aid kit - Preparedness is key.
Hand sanitizer - Essential.
Hot water linen and laundry washing - Cleanliness matters.
Hygiene certification - Good to know.
Individually-wrapped food options - Appreciated.
Physical distancing of at least 1 meter - Important.
Professional-grade sanitizing services - Great.
Room sanitization opt-out available - Good for peace of mind.
Rooms sanitized between stays - Reassuring.
Safe dining setup - Makes it easier to enjoy meals.
Sanitized kitchen and tableware items - Important for health.
Shared stationery removed - Good for hygiene.
Staff trained in safety protocol - Always a plus.
Sterilizing equipment - Important for health.
Check-in/out [private] - Helpful for fast arrival
Exterior corridor - Makes life easier.
Fire extinguisher - Safety first.
Front desk [24-hour] - Always helpful.
Hotel chain - Well-known.
Non-smoking rooms - A must for many.
Safety/security feature - Always appreciated.
Security [24-hour] - Peace of mind.
Smoke alarms - Safety first.
Final Verdict: Should You Book?
Absolutely! The Yello Hotel Jemursari delivers a solid experience. It’s not perfect, but it's comfortable, clean, and well-located. The accessibility features and commitment to safety are a huge plus. If you're looking for a reliable, comfortable, and relatively affordable place to stay in Surabaya, the Yello is definitely worth considering. Just don't go expecting Michelin-star dining. Bring your own biscuits. And maybe, just maybe, I'll see you by the pool!
SEO Optimized Call to Action: Book Your Surabaya Adventure at Yello Hotel Jemursari!
Ready to experience the comfort and convenience of the Yello Hotel Jemursari in Surabaya? Enjoy accessible accommodations,
Escape to Mannheim: Luxury & Style at Holiday Inn The NIU Square
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because this isn't your grandma's travel itinerary. We're going to the YELLO Hotel Jemursari in Surabaya, Indonesia. And let me tell you, the only thing predictable about this trip is that I'm probably going to screw something up.
Trip: Surabaya Scramble (and Probably Some Nasi Goreng)
Duration: 3 Days, 2 Nights (Lord help me)
Objective: Survive the Indonesian heat, eat everything, and maybe, just maybe, learn a little something about myself. Or at least where I left my freaking phone charger.
Day 1: Arrival and the "I'm Already Sweating" Blues
6:00 AM - 8:00 AM: The Pre-Flight Panic. This is when the gremlins in my brain decide to activate. Did I pack enough underwear? Did I remember to turn off the coffee maker? Did I accidentally leave the stove on? (Spoiler: I probably did.) Managed to make it to the airport with a barely-functioning brain and a half-eaten bagel. (Airport food, am I right?)
8:00 AM - 10:00 AM: Flight to Surabaya! Hooray! Finally, a chance to relax! (Narrator: She will not, in fact, relax.) Mild turbulence. I swear, I saw a toddler throw up on the window. Don't judge me. I get queasy easily.
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM: Airport Chaos and Taxi Tango. Surabaya airport. Already feeling the humidity. "Hello, sir, would you like a taxi?" is replaced with "ARE YOU SURE YOU DON'T NEED A TAXI?" Five taxi drivers later, I've finally negotiated a reasonable price and am in a clunky taxi with questionable air conditioning, hurtling towards the YELLO Hotel. Pray for me.
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Check-in and Room Reveal. The YELLO! Cute! Clean! Air conditioning that ACTUALLY works! Bless. The room is surprisingly stylish, all vibrant yellows and… oh god, is that a picture of a giant, staring giraffe on the wall? Okay. Maybe I'll get used to it. (Or start talking to the giraffe. Don't judge).
12:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Lunch and a Battle with the Sambal. Okay, time to eat! I stumble into a warung (local eatery) near the hotel. I point at a plate of something that looks vaguely like chicken and rice. The language barrier is real. But the food? AMAZING. Like, spicy-hot, melt-in-your-mouth, I-might-cry-from-pleasure amazing. Until I accidentally scoop a mountain of sambal into my mouth. Tears. Regret. But also… a weird kind of satisfaction.
2:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Poolside Regret (and a Nap?). Okay, I thought I was a tough cookie, but my insides are screaming. The sambal, the jet lag, the sun… It all merges into a glorious, sweaty mess. I attempt to lie by the pool, but the sun is vicious. I decide a nap is in order. Wake up two hours later, covered in sweat, with a mosquito bite on my… well, you get the idea.
5:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Dinner and the "Lost in Translation" Adventure. Back to the warungs! This time, I try to be smarter. More pointing. More smiling nervously. I order something that looks like noodles and some sort of fried meatball. Turns out, the "meatball" is actually something akin to a deep-fried… well, I'm not quite sure. But it's delicious. I try to pay, and the vendor looks confused. I'm pretty sure I look like a lunatic right now. Managed to pay somehow, with a whole bunch of rupiah I'm almost certain I'll figure out the next day.
7:00 PM - Onwards: Bedtime Rituals. Back to the hotel. Shower (finally getting the mosquito bite fixed), try to translate some signs in the hotel directory (almost impossible), and order a drink from the bar (the only thing in Indonesian that I am sure of, for now). Exhausted. The giraffe watches me. I think it judges me.
Day 2: Exploring Surabaya (and Possibly Getting Lost)
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM: Breakfast Buffet Bonanza. The hotel breakfast buffet. Oh. My. God. So much food. I try everything. All the fruits I can't identify. Some sort of porridge that tastes vaguely of… something. I eat until I feel like I might explode. Worth it.
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM: The Old Town Shuffle! The adventure begins! Armed with Google Maps (and a healthy dose of skepticism), I decide to explore Surabaya's Old Town. I envision myself strolling through historic streets, soaking up the culture. What actually happens is a sweaty, slightly panicky tour of crowded streets, the incessant honking of motorbikes, and a desperate search for a decent public restroom. The Old Town is beautiful, yes, but its reality is chaos.
12:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Lunch – Another Spicy Odyssey. Okay, I thought I learned my lesson about sambal. I did not. I order a plate of nasi goreng (fried rice) from a street vendor. It’s heavenly. Until… you guessed it… the sambal. Maybe, just maybe, I have a problem. Or maybe I just enjoy the pain.
2:00 PM - 5:00 PM: The House of Sampoerna (and a Moment of Calm). I actually manage to find a place of relative calm: the House of Sampoerna. A beautiful Dutch colonial building-turned-museum. I learn about the history of the kretek cigarette (which I’m also addicted to), admire the architecture, and take a much-needed breath. A small victory in the face of the chaos.
5:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Dinner and the Karaoke Calamity: Back to the warungs! More food! Everything is delicious. My stomach is feeling better about the sambal, almost. Then, oh god, there is Karaoke in the hotel!. (The hotel did, in fact, have karaoke, which was kind of scary).
7:00 PM - Onwards: Crash and Burn. Back to the hotel room. I try to plan for tomorrow (I fail), send some photos (I also fail). I collapse on the bed, defeated but surprisingly happy. The giraffe still stares. I think it smiles.
Day 3: Farewell to Surabaya (and the Sambal) – AKA The Final Countdown
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM: The Last Breakfast Blowout. Gotta get in one last buffet binge! This time, I try to pace myself. I fail. I eat everything again. Possibly more.
9:00 AM - 11:00 AM: Souvenir Scramble and the "Almost Missed My Flight" Shenanigans. The dreaded souvenir shopping. I attempt to find something for my family. I realize that everything is either tacky or ridiculously expensive. I buy some coffee (because, caffeine) and a t-shirt that says "I Survived Surabaya!" (which might not be entirely true, but it sounds good). I then almost miss my taxi because I was distracted by a cute stray cat. A disaster!
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM: The Great Escape. Taxi ride back to the airport. Heart palpitations. Praying the plane isn't delayed. Praying I don't have to deal with another taxi driver.
12:00 PM onwards: Flight and Recovery. On the plane! Free! I am happy. I had a blast. Well. I'm pretty sure I survived. I'm pretty sure, in my hazy memory, the trip was worthwhile. When I get home and think about the entire experience, I'm positive it was worth it. (Maybe).
Final Thoughts:
Surabaya. It's chaotic, it's spicy, it's overwhelming, and it's absolutely wonderful. Would I go back? Absolutely. Would I bring a gallon of milk next time? Probably. Would I bring a life jacket? Possibly. But would I change a single thing? Nope. This trip was exactly what I needed. (And the giraffe? We're cool now).
Harrisburg Hilton: Unbeatable Deals & Luxury Await!
Indonesian Paradise FOUND?! Yello Hotel Jemursari: Let's Dissect This Place!
Okay, Spill The Tea: Is Yello Jemursari REALLY "Unbelievable Luxury" like they say?
Alright, alright, settle down. "Unbelievable Luxury"? Haha. Look, let's be real. It's *good*. But "unbelievable"? Let's just say my life is probably not "unbelievable luxury" even when I'm trying to iron a shirt (which, let's be honest, rarely happens). It’s a solid, clean, stylish, modern hotel in Surabaya. Think upscale, but not Buckingham Palace. Think… maybe like a really, REALLY nice apartment. You know, the one you secretly envy your friend for having. Maybe.
They've got some serious design cred going on. The lobby? Slick. The rooms? Again, slick. I’m a sucker for good design, and it’s definitely a strong point. But, and this is a big "but" (and sometimes my pants feel like they’re saying the same thing), "unbelievable" can feel a bit… hyperbolic. Unless "unbelievable" means "unbelievably efficient air conditioning" because, YES, that thing was a lifesaver in that Surabaya heat. Praise be!
The Rooms: Tell Me, Are They Instagram-Worthy? (And Are They Comfy?)
Instagram-worthy? Oh yeah, absolutely. Clean lines, minimalist chic, pops of color – the works. My feed got a boost, for sure. I even managed to take a decent picture of my breakfast, which is saying something (my photography skills are… developing, let's call it that).
Comfy? Also a yes. The bed? Cloud-like! I slept so well. I could have stayed in bed all day, frankly. And the shower? Good water pressure is a must, and the bathroom was spotless – a big win in my book. But, I do have one small gripe. I could hear the hotel staff a few times early in the morning, walking down the halls. It did wake me up a bit! But I couldn't complain! The rest was perfect!
The Food! Oh God, The FOOD! What About the Food?
Okay, the food. The food, the food, the food. Breakfast was included, and honestly, I’m a breakfast person. I had a moment of pure, unadulterated joy when I saw the selection. Nasi Goreng (fried rice)? Check. Fresh fruit? Double check. Eggs cooked to order? YEP. I may have, *ahem*, indulged. Three plates. Don't judge. I was on holiday.
Lunch and dinner are more a la carte but the price is reasonable. The food was great, the portions were generous, and the staff was incredibly attentive. I remember one specific moment. One of the staff saw me struggling with a particularly stubborn piece of chicken (I'm a messy eater, okay?). He just… *appeared*, offered to cut it for me. Pure, unadulterated, hotel-staff-who-have-seen-it-all grace. I felt… seen. And slightly embarrassed. But mostly grateful. My partner made a snide remark about it when we got back to the room: "You really needed help cutting your meat!"
Any Hotel Amenities Worth Bragging About?
They had a pool. A perfectly lovely pool. Did I use it? Once. Because, let's be honest, I'm more of a "sit-by-the-pool-and-read-a-book-while-sweating-profusely" kind of person. But the pool *looked* inviting. And it was clean. And there were those cute little pool loungers with a sun shade. What more could you ask for?
They also had a gym. Did I go? Nope. I walked around the markets. That counts as exercise, right? Right?!
Okay, Okay, The Staff. Were They Nice? Because Rude Staff Ruin Everything.
The staff? Honestly, they were amazing. Every single one of them. Always smiling, always helpful, always going above and beyond—they were practically mind-readers! I had a minor language barrier incident where I *tried* to order a taxi, and the lovely staff member took the time to help me call a taxi and ensured I knew where I was going. Absolutely lovely. That staff member deserves a raise. They were genuinely friendly and eager to assist. Which is HUGE. A bad attitude from staff can ruin an entire trip. These people were truly *good*.
The Location! Is This Place Conveniently Located?
It's a bit outside the city center, which has its pros and cons. It's a short drive to get to the hotel and I did not get lost. Easy in and out! It was a bit of a trek back in for some of the key sights, so that's something to consider. But it's in a pretty safe and modern area. I walked around, which felt good. But the real bonus, if you’re like me and want to spend most of your time relaxing, well, it's perfect. It's got less of that crazy city-center buzz.
Okay, so… overall? Would you go back?
Honestly? Yeah, I probably would. It's a solid choice. It's clean, comfortable, the staff is fantastic, and the design is slick. It’s not the most luxurious place I've ever stayed, but it exceeded my expectations in a number of key ways. It's a fantastic choice if you're looking for a convenient and relaxing stay in Surabaya, especially if you want to avoid the hustle and bustle of a busy city center. I left feeling refreshed, which is exactly what I hoped for.
I'd give it a solid 4 out of 5 stars. And I'm pretty stingy with those stars, so that's saying something!

