
Escape to Paradise: Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi Awaits!
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to swan dive headfirst into the glittering, turquoise, and hopefully, completely sanitized, paradise that is Escape to Paradise: Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi Awaits! I'm talking about Langkawi, Malaysia - land of duty-free shopping, breathtaking sunsets, and hopefully, a darn good vacation. Let's get this show on the road, and I'm going to be brutally honest, because, well, you deserve the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help me, Google Reviews!
First Impressions? (and Accessibility - Because We Gotta)
The sheer scale of the resort is…intimidating. That's my initial reaction. It’s sprawling. Accessibility is listed, so let's hope they've done their homework. Elevators are a must, especially if you're not up for climbing Mount Whatever-It's-Called every morning (although, the view from the top might be worth it…hmm). I'm hoping for smooth ramps, wide doorways, and bathrooms you can actually navigate in a wheelchair. The website says they have facilities for disabled guests, but we all know what "facilities" can mean, right? Let's hope they've actually thought about it. Check-in/out [private], that's a good start. Hopefully, that means less milling around in a crowded lobby. And thank goodness for elevator. I'm not ready to face those winding staircases after a long flight!
(Disclaimer: I haven't actually stayed there yet. This is based on what I've read, and a healthy dose of hope.)
The Spa, the Bliss, the…Sanitization?
Okay, let's get to the good stuff. The spa. My happy place. My sanctuary. My excuse to wear a fluffy robe all day. They've got the whole shebang: Body scrub, body wrap, fitness center, foot bath, gym/fitness, massage, pool with view, sauna, spa, spa/sauna, steamroom. Ooh. My. Goodness. All I can say is… consider me very interested. I'm a sucker for a good massage, and a pool with a view? Sold. I’m picturing myself now: draped in a fluffy robe, sipping something fruity, and contemplating the meaning of life (or maybe just what to order for lunch).
Now, the big question in these post-pandemic times: Cleanliness and safety. Anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, hand sanitizer, hygiene certification, individually-wrapped food options, physical distancing of at least 1 meter, professional-grade sanitizing services, room sanitization opt-out available, rooms sanitized between stays, safe dining setup, sanitized kitchen and tableware items, shared stationery removed, staff trained in safety protocol, sterilizing equipment… Phew! That's a long list. Okay, that's reassuring. They're saying they're taking things seriously. I'll be watching for suspicious-looking fingerprints, though. Just sayin'. My inner germaphobe is slightly appeased.
Food, glorious food! The Eternal Struggle of the Buffet.
Okay, let's talk food. Because, let's be honest, a vacation without good food is a tragedy. They have everything. A la carte in restaurant, alternative meal arrangement, Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, bar, bottle of water, breakfast [buffet], breakfast service, buffet in restaurant, coffee/tea in restaurant, coffee shop, desserts in restaurant, happy hour, international cuisine in restaurant, poolside bar, restaurants, room service [24-hour], salad in restaurant, snack bar, soup in restaurant, vegetarian restaurant, western breakfast, western cuisine in restaurant.
That is a LOT. I swear, it is a food coma waiting to happen. The breakfast [buffet] is calling my name, but I'm always a little wary of buffets. They're a breeding ground for questionable decisions and food poisoning. I'm hoping for fresh, well-sourced ingredients, and a staff that are on top of food temperature. I can already picture myself at the buffet, eyes bigger than my stomach, piling my plate high with pastries, fruit, and maybe…okay, yes, everything. And the poolside bar? That's where the real fun begins. Happy hour, here I come!
Rooms That (Hopefully) Make You Feel Like Royalty
The rooms! This is where it gets personal. They list Air conditioning in all rooms, alarm clock, bathrobes, bathtub, blackout curtains, carpeting, closet, coffee/tea maker, complimentary tea, daily housekeeping, desk, extra long bed, free bottled water, hair dryer, high floor, in-room safe box, internet access – LAN, internet access – wireless, ironing facilities, laptop workspace, linens, mini bar, mirror, non-smoking, on-demand movies, private bathroom, reading light, refrigerator, satellite/cable channels, scale, seating area, separate shower/bathtub, shower, slippers, smoke detector, socket near the bed, sofa, soundproofing, telephone, toiletries, towels, umbrella, visual alarm, wake-up service, wi-fi [free], window that opens.
Okay, this is a lot. It sounds good on paper, but the devil is in the details. I'm hoping for those blackout curtains (sleep is precious!), a comfortable bed (extra long, please!), a decent internet connection (because, Instagram!), and a mini bar…well, just because. And I'm going to judge the slippers. Seriously, you can tell a lot about a hotel from their slippers. Are they fluffy? Are they cheap? Are they actually slippers, or just weird, scratchy things? I digress…
Services and Conveniences - Because We All Need a Little Help Sometimes
They have a whole list of extras, which is always nice. Air conditioning in public area, audio-visual equipment for special events, business facilities, cash withdrawal, concierge, contactless check-in/out, convenience store, currency exchange, daily housekeeping, doorman, dry cleaning, elevator, essential condiments, facilities for disabled guests, food delivery, gift/souvenir shop, indoor venue for special events, invoice provided, ironing service, laundry service, luggage storage, meeting/banquet facilities, meetings, meeting stationery, on-site event hosting, outdoor venue for special events, projector/LED display, safety deposit boxes, seminars, shrine, smoking area, terrace, wi-fi for special events, Xerox/fax in business center.
Contactless check-in/out is a godsend in these times! The concierge is my best friend. They are wizards of information. The laundry service is a must for a longer stay - because nobody wants to spend their vacation doing laundry in the sink. The luggage storage means I can explore the island even before I check-in or after checking out. And the convenience store - well, that's just for emergency chocolate situations.
For the Kids (and Those Who Are Still Kids at Heart)
Babysitting service, family/child friendly, kids facilities, kids meal. Okay, good. They seem to get that this is a place for families. This is important because sometimes you just want to be a kid. I can already tell the resort is ready for my inner child!
Getting Around (and Escaping Reality)
Airport transfer, bicycle parking, car park [free of charge], car park [on-site], car power charging station, taxi service, valet parking. Airport transfer? Yes, please! After a long flight, the last thing I want to do is haggle with a taxi driver. Free parking is always a bonus. I'm not sure about the car power charging station, but it's a nice touch for the eco-conscious traveler. Car park on-site is really helpful as Langkawi is ideal for a road trip.
Internet - Because We Can't Truly Escape Without a Connection
Internet, Internet [LAN], Internet services, Wi-Fi in public areas, Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Praise be! I'm not a total digital nomad, but I do like to stay connected (and maybe share a few envious travel photos on Instagram). Free Wi-Fi in the rooms is a MUST. I plan to take tons and tons of pictures to post and share with friends and family members, so I can't stress this enough.
The Verdict (So Far)
Based on what I've read, Escape to Paradise: Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi Awaits! sounds promising. The location is stunning, the amenities are plentiful, and the safety measures seem reasonably comprehensive.
BUT.
Ultimately, a review is just a collection of opinions. I am hopeful and can't wait to go.
The Big, Juicy, Tempting Offer
Okay, here's what I'm thinking:
BOOK NOW and ESCAPE TO PARADISE OFFER!
- Luxury Escape Package: Includes a minimum Three-night stay, complimentary upgrades (subject to availability), daily buffet breakfast for two, a spa treatment (because, yes!), and a welcome cocktail.
- Family Fun Package: Includes Four-night stay, kids' club access, kids' meal, and a boat tour to explore the neighboring islands.
- **Romantic

Alright, buckle up, buttercups! This ain't your grandma's perfectly planned itinerary. This is my attempt at a Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa adventure in Langkawi. Prepare for some serious tangents, questionable life choices, and the occasional burst of pure, unadulterated joy.
Day 1: Arrival & Beach Bliss (Emphasis on Bliss, Baby!)
1:00 PM - ARRIVAL & INITIAL PANIC: Landed! Langkawi! Woohoo! Except… I'm pretty sure I packed the wrong shoes. And did I remember sunscreen? Deep breath. Gotta channel that inner zen. Found the resort easily, a gorgeous, sprawling oasis. The lobby is open-air. Gorgeous, but a bit of sweat-inducing humidity… I knew I should’ve brought the fan. My first impression of the staff? Absolutely lovely. They’re all smiles, practically radiating hospitality.
2:00 PM - ROOM CHECK & MINIBAR INVASION: Our room… OMG. Seriously spacious, with a balcony that looks straight onto the beach. The bed? Like sinking into a particularly fluffy cloud. (Side note: I immediately tested the "fluffiness" with a dramatic dive. No regrets.) And the minibar… Well, let's just say it's currently undergoing a full-scale assault from yours truly. Hydrating is key, people. Hydrating is always key. And maybe a small celebratory beer to kick things off. (Oops. That beer turned into two.)
3:00 PM - BEACH TIME, FINALLY! (And a Near-Disaster): Okay, sunscreen applied (thank GOD I remembered it!), swimsuit donned… Time for beach-side debauchery! The sand is like powdered sugar, the water… Oh, the water! Crystal clear, turquoise perfection. For the next three hours, I might as well be a mermaid. I am the person that's always in danger of being swept away. The tide was getting high and I almost lost my towel to a rogue wave. I felt so stupid and almost screamed.
6:00 PM - SUNSET COCKTAILS & EXISTENTIAL THOUGHTS: Sunset. Honestly, Langkawi sunsets are a religious experience. The sky explodes with color. Sipping a ridiculously overpriced, yet delicious, cocktail at the resort bar. Feeling… content. And a little bit philosophical. Why am I not living like this all the time? Clearly, I need a career that involves only beaches and cocktails. Does that exist? If not, I'll invent it.
7:30 PM - DINNER & THE GREAT FOOD DEBATE: Decided to try the resort’s restaurant. Ambiance: Romantic, with soft lighting and gentle sea breezes. Food: …Mixed bag. The seafood was amazing, fresh and perfectly cooked. The pasta… was a culinary catastrophe. I mean, it tasted okay, but looked like something my dog coughed up. It was quite a mess. I managed to make a joke out of it, but I'm silently judging the chef. Seriously, how can you mess up basic pasta?
9:00 PM - FIRE SHOW & EMBARRASSING DANCING (Maybe): The resort has a fire show. I haven’t decided whether to go or not. I’m easily embarrassed, but also secretly love a good fire dancer. Okay, I’m going. Wish me luck. I’ll likely be the awkward one in the back, trying not to trip over myself or accidentally set my hair on fire. Narrator: (She did both.)
Day 2: Island Hopping & Snorkeling (AKA: Attempted Adventure)
8:00 AM - BREAKFAST & THE BATTLE FOR THE BUFFET: Breakfast buffet. The holy grail of vacation eating. So. Much. Food. I'm pretty sure I ate my weight in pastries alone. The coffee was decent, which is crucial for an early-morning excursion.
9:00 AM - ISLAND HOPPING! (And Seasickness?): Booked an island hopping tour. Feeling slightly apprehensive about the boat ride, as I have a history of seasickness. Popped a Dramamine and crossed my fingers. First stop: Pulau Dayang Bunting (Pregnant Maiden Island). Legend has it, if you swim in the lake there, you’ll get pregnant. I think about it. Nah, I'm good. But the views are stunning.
11:00 AM - SNORKELING: A True Revelation: Snorkeling at Pulau Beras Basah. Okay, this was AMAZING. The water is impossibly clear, and the coral reefs are teeming with life. I saw fish of every color imaginable. The highlight? A sea turtle glided gracefully past me. Pure magic. I could have stayed in the water for hours. My only regret? Not having an underwater camera.
1:00 PM - LUNCH & POST-SNORKELING REFLECTIONS: Lunch on the boat. Simple, but satisfying. Reflecting on the morning: Seasickness averted! Snorkeling success! My inner child is doing a happy dance.
3:00 PM - DUTY FREE SHOPPING (AND THE TEMPTATION OF CHOCOLATE OVERLOAD): Free time, finally. Duty free shopping is a Langkawi tradition. The prices are good. The temptation to buy everything: overwhelming. Went for some chocolates; this is the only thing that makes complete sense to me.
4:00 PM - SPA TIME & PURE BLISS (Again!): The resort spa. Yes, please. Did the massage, which was heavenly. The therapist somehow managed to knead away all my worries. I'm almost too relaxed at this moment.
7:00 PM - FINE DINING, ROUND 2: Dinner at the resort's other restaurant. No pasta disasters here! This time, I opted for a delicious, local Malaysian dish (I'm trying to expand my horizons, people!). The ambiance was perfect. I was so happy.
9:00 PM - QUIET NIGHT & EARLY BED: (Finally, Some Rest): No fire show tonight. Just a quiet evening, a good book, and a deep, restful sleep. My body is thanking me.
Day 3: Departure & The Aftermath (The Reality Check)
8:00 AM - FINAL BREAKFAST & BITTER GOODBYES: One last breakfast buffet. Said farewell to the lovely resort staff. Packed my bags (less disastrously than I thought). Looking out at the ocean one last time. My soul is happy and my body is relaxed.
10:00 AM - CHECK OUT & THE REAL WORLD: Checked out. Heading to the airport. Already feeling the pangs of post-vacation blues.
12:00 PM - FLIGHT & REFLECTIONS (AND THE BEGINNING OF BOOKING MY NEXT TRIP): On the plane. Looking back on the trip: It was messy, it was imperfect, it was… perfect. I faced minor mishaps that seemed disastrous at the time. I met people I'll likely never see again but will never forget. Langkawi, you've stolen a piece of my heart. I'm already plotting my return. And maybe, just maybe, next time I'll pack the right shoes.

Escape to Paradise: Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, Langkawi - REALLY Awaits? (Let's Get Real...)
Is Pelangi Beach Resort actually paradise? (Don't sugarcoat it!)
The Rooms: Are they as dreamy as the pictures? (Dish the dirt, please!)
The Beach: Is it swimmable? Are there any giant jellyfish trying to ruin everything?
Food, Glorious Food! What's the deal?
The Spa: Worth the Money? (Or should I just DIY a face mask with coconut oil?)
Day Trips & Activities: What's NOT to be missed? (And what should I skip?)
Staff & Service: Are they genuinely friendly or just faking it?
Value for Money: Would you go back? (Be honest!)
Popular Hotel Find

