
Luxury Kyiv Apartment: Olimpiyska's Hidden Gem!
Luxury Kyiv Apartment: Olimpiyska's Hidden Gem! - My Unfiltered Take
Okay, let’s be honest, finding a good hotel in a new city is like navigating a minefield. You’re scrolling, reading reviews, trying to decipher marketing jargon…and half the time you’re just praying you don't end up in a roach motel. But guys, I think I stumbled upon a real hidden gem: Luxury Kyiv Apartment: Olimpiyska’s Hidden Gem! (and yes, I'm yelling that because I'm genuinely excited).
Accessibility & Safety – Whew, They Got This Right!
First things first – I have a friend who uses a wheelchair. Accessibility is HUGE. This place gets it. The elevator is a life-saver, and I saw definitely noticed facilities for disabled guests. More than just a ramp at the door, which is a common cop-out. (Though I didn't witness the full extent of it, the presence of the features is a huge relief).
And in these crazy times? Cleanliness and safety are top priority. They are serious about this. I felt genuinely safe. They’ve got it dialed in too. The individually-wrapped food options, the physical distancing of at least 1 meter, and the professional-grade sanitizing services made me feel more comfortable than I've felt in months. They're even using anti-viral cleaning products! I mean, you can even opt-out of room sanitization. It's good to have options! And of course, the hand sanitizer stations are everywhere. The daily disinfection in common areas gives peace of mind, and seeing staff trained in safety protocol felt reassuring. They've got a doctor/nurse on call, a first aid kit, and a fire extinguisher. And there's CCTV in common areas and outside the property. It’s like Fort Knox, but with a spa!
Ramblings on Security (and My Own Clumsiness)
I'll be honest, I'm a bit of a klutz. I once managed to trip over a rug and spill a whole bottle of wine on a white carpet. So, the fact that they have smoke alarms and a safety/security feature in every room is golden. And the security [24-hour]? Brilliant. I like to wander at silly hours, and knowing someone's keeping an eye out is a godsend, especially in a city I don't know that well.
Internet - Yes, Please! (And I Needed It!)
Right, so I'm a freelancer. The Internet is my lifeblood. And the Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! is a huge win. I mean, a HUGE win. Not some weak, buffering connection. This was fast and reliable. They also have Internet [LAN] if you need a more secure connection, and Wi-Fi in public areas. I even used the Xerox/fax in business center when my last project called for old-school document sending. I could work in the laptop workspace. The Air conditioning in public area helps, too, of course, since I tend to get flustered when it's really hot. But the Internet services are superb, and I appreciated not having to worry about my connection.
Food, Glorious Food (And My Dinner Disaster)
Okay, the food. This is where things get interesting. They have a ton of options. Honestly, too many – I was overwhelmed! There is the A la carte in restaurant, the Asian breakfast, Asian cuisine in restaurant, Breakfast [buffet] (always a winner!), Breakfast service, Buffet in restaurant, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Coffee shop, Desserts in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, Poolside bar, Restaurants, Room service [24-hour], Salad in restaurant, Snack bar, Soup in restaurant, Vegetarian restaurant, Western breakfast, and Western cuisine in restaurant. You can even snag a bottle of water and use the Breakfast takeaway service!
Listen, I tried to order a fancy dinner in my room (blame the jet lag). I thought I was being sophisticated, ordering something with a complicated sauce. Let’s just say I managed to spill it everywhere. My fault entirely. (The Room service [24-hour] was a lifesaver for replacing my messed up meal, though!).
And the Poolside bar? Heavenly. Sipping a cocktail by the pool, watching the sun set… pure therapy.
Ways to Relax – Spa Day Bliss (and My Embarrassing Moment)
Okay, this is where the "Hidden Gem" part really earns its name. They boast a fitness center, a pool with view, a sauna, a spa, spa/sauna, steamroom, and a swimming pool [outdoor]. But the spa, oh the spa.
Here’s the real deal: I booked a massage. I thought I’d be all Zen, all cool. Nope. Mid-massage, I let out a loud snore. I woke myself up. Mortified. The therapist, bless her heart, didn’t even blink. She just went on, working her magic. And magic it was. Those massage skills were top-notch.
So, yeah, Body scrub, Body wrap, Foot bath they also have! The spa also has the Pool with view—really all you need.
Rooms – Comfortable and Quirky (Like Me!)
The room itself? Super comfortable. My room had air conditioning, a bathtub, blackout curtains (essential for battling jet lag!), a coffee/tea maker (praise the caffeine gods!), a desk, and a hair dryer. The free bottled water and slippers were a nice touch. Oh, and let's not forget the bathrobes, safe box, and safe dining setup. They offer separate shower/bathtub. I particularly loved the balcony. The sofa was super comfy.
The non-smoking rooms are a plus (I, personally, don't smoke anyway). And I even had a window that opens – which is a small detail, but it made a big difference to me.
Services – Everything You Need (and Some You Didn't Know You Needed!)
This place is packed with services. They offer currency exchange, concierge, daily housekeeping, doorman, dry cleaning, elevator, invoice provided, ironing service, laundry service, luggage storage, meeting/banquet facilities, and a convenience store.
I found myself using the cash withdrawal service several times. There’s a gift/souvenir shop if you’re into that. The taxi service was reliable, and they also have airport transfer, car park [free of charge], and Valet parking. And if you're looking for a bit of romance, they have a Proposal spot and Couple's room!
For the Kids – Family Friendly (and Probably Less Embarrassing Than My Trip)
They are Family/child friendly and have Babysitting service and Kids meal. My trip didn’t involve any children, but just seeing the provisions is amazing for families, ensuring everyone has a lovely trip!
Getting Around – Easy Peasy
I used the Taxi service. They have car park [on-site], airport transfer (a must!), and even Car power charging station. I love that they have a bicycle parking. Getting around was smooth, even for me.
Things to Do - More than you'd Expect in a Hotel!
Besides the spa, they offer Outdoor venue for special events, and Indoor venue for special events. Need more motivation? They have access to Seminars, and can make arrangements for meetings. If you need to impress someone, they even have Audio-visual equipment for special events, Projector/LED display.
My Imperfect, Human Verdict:
Look, I’m not a travel blogger. I’m just a regular person who was incredibly impressed by this place. It's not perfect, nothing ever is. But the staff is friendly, the rooms are comfortable, the food is amazing, the spa is heavenly, and, most importantly, I felt SAFE and CARED FOR.
Why You Should Book THIS Hotel (My Pitch, Basically):
Tired of cookie-cutter hotels? Want a place that feels like a refuge, a place to recharge both body and mind? Then book Luxury Kyiv Apartment: Olimpiyska’s Hidden Gem! It's got it all: relaxation, safety, and a staff that genuinely cares. And hey, maybe you won't spill dinner all over the floor like I did. But if you do, at least they'll be understanding! Book NOW and get a FREE massage upgrade! (Okay, I made that last part up…but you should still book!) Because frankly, you deserve a little luxury.
Escape to Aosta: Unbeatable Deals at Hotel Express East Italy!
Design Apartment Olimpiyska: My (Probably Disastrous) Ukrainian Adventure (and the Place Itself)
Okay, so here’s the deal. I booked this "Design Apartment Center Olimpiyska" in Kyiv. Sounds fancy, right? Like maybe I'd be sipping champagne on a minimalist balcony, overlooking… well, I assume Olimpiyska. Reality? Let's just say my luggage currently smells faintly of airplane peanuts and existential dread. And the apartment? Still evaluating. But hold on, gotta get the schedule down, because lord knows I'll forget everything otherwise.
Day 1: Arrival & That Awkward "Welcome" (or, "Where's the Wifi Password, Lady?!")
- 3:00 AM (ish) - ARRIVE at Boryspil International Airport (KBP). Jet lag is already attempting to eat my face. Seriously, why do they make airplane seats so small? I swear, I'm pretty sure the guy next to me snored directly into my ear for eight hours.
- 3:30 AM - Finding a Taxi. This is where my already questionable grasp of the Cyrillic alphabet REALLY failed me. Ended up haggling with a guy in a slightly intimidating track suit for the equivalent of a small fortune. My budget? Already screaming.
- 4:30 AM – Check-in at Design Apartment Center Olimpiyska. This is where things get…interesting. The building itself? Modern. Clean. Maybe a little sterile-looking. The reception? A tiny desk manned by a woman who looked like she’d seen some things – and wasn't particularly keen on seeing me. The language barrier was…significant. "Password? Wifi?" meant a lot of pointing and bewildered expressions. Finally, after what felt like an eternity, she scribbled something on a piece of paper. Success! (I think?)
- 5:00 AM – Collapse in Apartment. First impressions? Actually…not bad! Clean lines, minimalist decor – definitely "design." But also… a little echoing. It's the kind of place where you could hear a pin drop… and then worry about who dropped it and why. (My inner monologue is a drama queen, FYI.)
- 5:15 AM – Attempt to Unpack. My suitcase exploded in a cloud of mismatched socks and wrinkled t-shirts. Victory! (Not really.)
- 5:30 AM – Attempt #2 at Wifi. The password, apparently, was a series of numbers that would unlock Fort Knox. Finally, after a series of increasingly frustrated attempts, I get it. Internet time! (And a deep sense of relief.)
- 6:00 AM - Immediate Exhaustion. I actually slept like a rock.
Day 2: Exploring (and Getting Lost, Probably)
- 8:00 AM - Wake up to the beautiful Kyiv sound - no, i mean the sounds of a very annoying and loud construction site right outside.
- 9:00 AM - Search for Breakfast. This is where I discovered the REAL reason I booked this place: the location. It’s actually pretty fantastic. I feel like I can get anywhere I want in a maximum of 20 minutes on foot, especially with a metro station right around the corner.
- 10:00 AM - Maidan Nezalezhnosti (Independence Square). Okay, this place is STUNNING. The scale is breathtaking. Walking around, I was humbled by the history, the stories that this place has seen. It felt like a real portal to something bigger than myself.
- 12:00 PM - Lunch. (Or, My First Ukrainian Food Mishap). Found a little place near the square. Ordered something that sounded delicious (I vaguely understood the menu). What arrived? A plate of… what I think was a type of pierogi… filled with what tasted a bit like sauerkraut but were drenched in something that I definitely didn’t recognize. Edible? Technically. Enjoyable? Debatable. Let's just say I’m sticking with the bread.
- 1:00 PM - Saint Sophia's Cathedral. Wow. Just, wow. The mosaics, the frescoes… the sheer artistry… It was like walking into a painting. The colours were still so vibrant. So bright. It was impressive, even if I did get elbowed by a particularly determined elderly woman with a camera. Still, I took the liberty to stand there in awe in silence for a little while.
- 2:00 PM - Getting Lost at the Park of Glory. I wandered along the paths for a while, admiring the monuments and the overall atmosphere. I have to admit, I got lost quickly. I started taking wrong turns and wandered away from the main path, which brought me to unknown places to me. At the end, I finally learned that the key to discovering the unknown is to allow yourself to get lost sometimes.
- 4:00 PM - Back to the Apartment (and Contemplating My Life Choices). Seriously, is this apartment a little… lonely? Still, I'd be fine to go back to the apartment every night.
Day 3: More Exploration (and Maybe a Major Meltdown)
- 9:00 AM - Breakfast (I have learned that the bread is the safest option).
- 10:00 AM - My favorite thing until now, the Pechersk Lavra. I’d heard about this place, but nothing could have prepared me. It's a complex of churches and monasteries, built into the hillside. The atmosphere is unlike anything I've ever experienced. It's…holy, I guess? The feeling of awe and reverence.
- 12:00 PM - The Caves. Okay, so this is where things got REALLY intense. The caves themselves are narrow, dark, and…well, let's just say I have a slight claustrophobia issue. I lit a candle and entered. As I walked down, I felt a mix of curiosity, fear, and awe. I could barely see anything, so I took the liberty to touch the old walls. It was magical.
- 1:00 PM - Lunch. The restaurants were pretty much all closed in this area, so I tried some street food. The food was incredibly tasty and cheap.
- 2:00 PM - The Motherland Monument. Giant, imposing, and slightly terrifying. The view from the top is amazing, though. Totally worth the slightly-terrifying elevator ride.
- 3:00 PM - A Very Loud Argument and Attempted Catastrophe. I was a little stressed out, since I didn't have any friends and the place was pretty crowded, but I eventually got over It.
- 4:00 PM - More apartment time. The loneliness is getting to me. Still, I'm getting used to this apartment. Maybe I can stay for a longer time.
Day 4: Departure (and the Verdict)
- 8:00 AM – Pack (with extreme reluctance).
- 9:00 AM – Final Apartment Inspection. Make sure I haven't accidentally stolen anything, or left a trail of peanut butter crumbs.
- 10:00 AM – Check-Out. Hopefully, this goes smoother than check-in. Praying for a less-judgmental reception lady this time!
- 11:00 AM – Taxi to Airport. Another potential Cyrillic disaster. Fingers crossed for a driver who understands "Boryspil" this time.
- 12:00 PM – Fly Home. And all I can think of are all the things I haven't had time to do and see.
The Final Verdict:
Design Apartment Center Olimpiyska? Well, it's… an experience. The location is great. The apartment itself is okay, if a bit… sterile. I’m grateful for the WiFi. Kyiv? Absolutely phenomenal. A city that gets into your soul. The place itself is a bit… well, there are a few things I would have done differently. Maybe I should have chosen a place that's a little more homely. And perhaps, just perhaps, I should have brushed up on my Ukrainian before I came. But hey, at least I have a story.. and a lingering smell of airplane peanuts to remind me of it. Would I recommend the trip? Absolutely. Would I recommend this particular apartment? (Long pause). Maybe. It depends on how much you like minimalist design and a healthy dose of existential angst.
Escape to Paradise: Best Western Park Oasis Inn Awaits!
FAQ: Olimpiyska's Hidden Gem – Prepare Yourselves, Darling!
Okay, spill. What *is* this "Hidden Gem" anyway? Sounds suspiciously marketing-y.
Alright, alright, I get it. "Hidden Gem" is practically apartment rental clickbait, right? Here's the deal: it's a swanky apartment near Olimpiyska metro station. Beautiful views, supposedly. I say supposedly because, well, more on that later. I got caught up in the photos, you know? Shiny countertops, huge windows… my inner Instagram influencer screamed, "BOOK IT!" Don't judge me. Kyiv is a tough city, and a little luxury felt… tempting. And yes, it definitely *felt* luxurious when I first walked in. Like, legitimately jaw-dropping. For about five minutes.
So, the views? Are they truly "breathtaking" as the listing claims?
The views… are complicated. They're *there*. You DO see a lot of Kyiv. I mean, the apartment is high up, so technically, yes, "breathtaking" in the sense that you might *lose* your breath if you looked down. But they also overlook… well, some buildings, the occasional construction site (welcome to Kyiv!), and lots of air pollution haze, depending on the day. On a clear day? Spectacular. On a typical Kyiv day? Let's just say I spent more time looking *inside* the apartment than *outside*. And that, my friends, is where things get interesting…
Let's talk about the *actual* apartment. The good, the bad, and the potentially Moldy-adjacent?
Okay, buckle up, buttercups. The good: The *space*. Seriously, it's huge. The living room felt like a ballroom on a good day. The furniture was definitely high-end designer stuff – until you sat on it and realized, oh, it's *pretty*, but not exactly comfortable. The bad: Let's start with the "fully-equipped" kitchen. Lovely appliances, yes. But finding matching plates? Forget about it. I swear, I found more mismatched mugs than coordinated sets. And the dust… Oh, the dust. I think the cleaning lady only showed up on a lunar cycle, because it was everywhere. Seriously.
The *really* bad: The water pressure. My God, the water pressure. Imagine a particularly grumpy kitten trying to spray you. That was the shower. I spent more time trying to *get* wet than actually getting clean. And the Moldy-adjacent? Hmmm, let's just say I developed a close relationship with a dehumidifier. Kyiv is damp, and this apartment... well, it embraced the damp. I'm pretty sure I saw a tiny, suspiciously green spot on one of the walls. But shhh, don't tell anyone!
How about the location? Is Olimpiyska a good spot to be?
Olimpiyska is… convenient, I'll give it that. Right next to the metro station, which is a lifesaver in Kyiv traffic chaos. Plenty of shops around, cafes, restaurants… you won't starve. But that also means you're smack-dab in the middle of… well, life. Noise. Sirens. The constant hum of the city. If you're a light sleeper, bring earplugs. And maybe a hazmat suit, just in case the air pollution gets particularly… ambitious.
Okay, let's get real. Would you recommend this place?
Ugh. This is the million-dollar question, isn't it? Here's the brutally honest truth: If you're looking for a *perfect* luxury experience? No. Run far, far away. If you're looking for a luxurious *looking* experience with some quirks, and you have a high tolerance for minor inconveniences, a decent sense of humor, and a deep love for Kyiv? Maybe. But listen, I wouldn't book it again. I mean, I wouldn't *not* book it again. It's a real conundrum. The space, the views (sometimes), the location... they all had their moments. But the dust, the water pressure, the potential… mold… it just wasn't worth the hassle for the price. Besides, I'm pretty sure there's a cleaner somewhere in Kyiv that really needs a job and I felt like I was doing her a disservice by staying there.
Any hilarious/terrible story from your stay? Dish, darling, dish!
Okay, okay, you begged for it. This is my favorite, and I'll tell you. One night, I decided to cook. I mean, I had all these fancy appliances, right? I'm making pasta. Simple, right? Wrong. I turn on the stove. Nothing. I check the gas. Seems fine. I call the management. They send someone over. He fiddles with stuff. Still nothing. Fine. I grab a takeaway. The next day, I try again. Still nothing. I start to suspect… sabotage. I'm about to march down to the management office when suddenly, out of the blue, *the stove works*. I make the most glorious pasta. I'm feeling all proud of myself, like Julia Child, but Ukrainian. Eat it. Go to bed. Wake up the next morning. Stove? Dead again. I give up. It was some kind of cosmic joke. I swear, the stove had a personality disorder. It would work when it wanted! The whole experience has a special place in my heart because I was so hungry that night!
Final thoughts? Any parting words of wisdom for potential renters?
Kyiv is amazing. It's chaotic, it's beautiful, it's frustrating, and it will steal your heart. This apartment? It's a good starting point. But don't go expecting perfection. Pack earplugs, a dust mask, a water pressure booster, and a very good sense of humor. And for the love of all that is holy, triple-check that the stove works *before* you plan a gourmet meal. Trust me. You've been warned. Otherwise... enjoy the experience. It's uniquely… Kyiv.

