
Sheraton Soma Bay: Egypt's Paradise Awaits (Unbelievable Photos!)
Sheraton Soma Bay: Egypt's Paradise Awaits (But Is It REALLY Paradise?) - A Messy, Honest Review
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from the Sheraton Soma Bay, and let me tell you, it's a lot. They call it paradise, and the photos? Oh, the photos! They're stunning. But is it all sunshine and rainbows in this Egyptian gem? Let's dig in, shall we? This is going to be more of a rambling, honest, and slightly chaotic account than a perfectly-polished brochure. So, get comfy.
First things first: Getting There and Getting Around (The Good and the Grr…)
- Accessibility: Okay, this is where things get interesting. They say they have facilities for disabled guests (Facilities for disabled guests). But I'd definitely recommend checking with the hotel directly about specifics. Clear communication is key. You know, making sure the elevator doesn't suddenly decide to take a nap while you're in it.
- Airport Transfer: Smooth sailing here! The airport transfer (Airport transfer) was well-organized and a lifesaver after that long flight. They whisked us away – bless them!
- Car Park: Free car park (Car park [free of charge])? YES! More hotels should do this!
My Room: A Sanctuary (Mostly) – Available in All Rooms
My room was… okay. Pretty standard. Let's be honest, I'm not the type to spend much time in the room when there's a whole resort to explore!
- The Good Stuff: Air conditioning (Air conditioning) that actually worked (praise be!), a comfy bed (Extra long bed), and a killer view (Window that opens). The complimentary tea (Complimentary tea) and bottled water (Free bottled water) were a nice touch. Little things, right?
- The Annoyances: The shower (Shower) was a bit… temperamental. Sometimes hot, sometimes cold, sometimes just plain thinking about water. The decor? Let's just say it wasn't exactly pushing any design boundaries. Basic, but functional.
- Must-Haves: The black out curtains (Blackout curtains) were a godsend! Slept like a baby. Also, having Wi-Fi [free] (Wi-Fi [free]) in my room was essential to stay connected.
Staying Connected: Internet (Not Always Seamless)
- Wi-Fi in all rooms! Woohoo! Except… the Wi-Fi (Wi-Fi [free]) wasn't always the fastest. But hey, you're in Egypt! Embrace the occasional digital hiccup.
- Internet [LAN] (Internet access – LAN) Well, I didn't use it, but it's there!
- Internet Services: Available, but again, the speed left something to be desired.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Food, Glorious Food (Mostly)
Okay, let's get real. This is where the Sheraton Soma Bay shines, and also where it occasionally fumbles.
- Breakfast [buffet] (Breakfast [buffet]): Huge! International cuisine in restaurant (International cuisine in restaurant), Western breakfast, Asian breakfast: you're covered. The omelette station was a highlight. The coffee, however, could sometimes use a little… umph.
- Restaurants (Restaurants): Several to choose from (they also have a vegetarian restaurant (Vegetarian restaurant)), all offering a range of cuisines. Finding something new to try was delightful. Asian cuisine in restaurant (Asian cuisine in restaurant) worth the trip.
- The Poolside Bar (Poolside bar): A must. Sipping cocktails by the pool while watching the sunset. Bliss!
- Room service [24-hour] (Room service [24-hour]): Great for late-night cravings.
- The down side My friend tried to get salad in restaurant (Salad in restaurant) and got food poisoning a day later!
Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Spa Days, Pools, and… More Pools!
This is where the "paradise" vibe really hits.
- Swimming Pool The outdoor pool (Swimming pool [outdoor]), is massive. The pool with view (Pool with view) looked unreal. I may or may not have spent entire days by the pool. No judgment.
- The Spa (Spa): Ooooh, the spa! Treat yourself. The massage (Massage) was divine (Body scrub, Body wrap). I may or may not have dozed off mid-massage. Don't tell anyone. Sauna (Sauna), Steamroom (Steamroom), Foot bath (Foot bath): all the relaxation essentials.
- Fitness center (Fitness center): It's there. I may or may not have seen it. (Too busy relaxing, tbh.)
- Things to do: Bicycling, beach, scuba diving, snorkeling.
Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Safe-ish
- Cleanliness: The hotel seemed generally clean, but I did see a few things that could be improved. You know, like maybe a little more attention to detail in the corners of the rooms.
- Anti-viral cleaning products (Anti-viral cleaning products): A positive.
- Staff trained in safety protocol (Staff trained in safety protocol): Good to know.
- CCTV in common areas (CCTV in common areas): Reassuring.
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter
- Concierge (Concierge): Helpful and friendly.
- Daily housekeeping (Daily housekeeping): Always appreciated.
- Cash withdrawal (Cash withdrawal): Essential. Convenience store (Convenience store) was useful, but overpriced.
- Gift/souvenir shop (Gift/souvenir shop): Excellent for last-minute gifts (and things I forgot to pack).
For the Kids (If You're Traveling as a Family!)
- Family/child friendly (Family/child friendly): Yes! There seemed to be a lot of families.
- Babysitting service (Babysitting service): Available.
The "Paradise" Test: My Verdict
Look, the Sheraton Soma Bay isn't perfect. But it's pretty darn close. The location is gorgeous. The facilities are great. The staff are generally friendly. And the food? Well, the food alone is worth the trip. It's not exactly a budget getaway (Invoice provided), but for a treat-yourself vacation, it's a solid choice.
Final Thoughts & A Messy, Honest Recommendation
Would I go back? Absolutely! I'd just pack extra phone chargers (because the Wi-Fi can be spotty) and maybe some extra sunscreen (because the sun in Egypt is intense).
SEO Boosters (Because I Gotta):
- Keywords: Sheraton Soma Bay, Egypt, Red Sea, Soma Bay, luxury resort, beach vacation, spa, swimming pool, all-inclusive, family vacation, accessible hotel, Red Sea resorts.
- Meta Description: Honest review of Sheraton Soma Bay in Egypt. Beautiful photos, detailed insights on rooms, dining, activities, and accessibility. Learn if this Red Sea resort lives up to the hype!
The "Can't-Resist-This" Offer (For YOU!)
Are you ready to escape reality? Book your stay at the Sheraton Soma Bay and experience the ultimate Red Sea getaway!
You'll get:
- A stunning room with breathtaking views.
- Access to multiple swimming pools and pristine beaches.
- Delicious dining options and refreshing cocktails.
- A luxurious spa experience that will melt away your stress.
- Free Wi-Fi (mostly!) to stay connected.
- Plus, for a limited time, receive a complimentary upgrade to a sea-view room and a free bottle of wine upon arrival!
Click here to book your unforgettable adventure! [Link to booking site]
Don't wait! Paradise is calling! Book now! (I'd book, if you're even considering it. Just do it.)
Augsburg's Hidden Gem: Sonnenhof Hotel—Unbelievable Views & Luxury Await!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because we're about to dive headfirst into the glorious, chaotic, sun-drenched reality of a trip to the Sheraton Soma Bay Resort in Egypt. This ain't no perfectly-polished travel brochure; This is the real deal, the messy, the glorious, and the utterly unpredictable.
Sheraton Soma Bay: Operation "Sunburn & Surprise" - My Diary of Disarray
Day 1: Arrival & Sheer, Unadulterated Bliss (Followed by a Near-Disaster)
- 6:00 AM (Cairo Airport, Egypt): Ugh. The early flight. Always a mistake. I'm convinced the coffee in the airport is actually fuel, brewed by disgruntled mechanics. But! Look at those pyramids peeking through the hazy morning! Suddenly, worth it.
- 9:00 AM (Arrival at Soma Bay): Sweet Jesus, I'm here! Smells like the ocean, sunscreen, and…promise? The Sheraton is stunning. Imagine a giant sandcastle, but like, actually luxurious. The lobby is all marble and welcoming smiles. The bellboy, bless his heart, is struggling with my suitcase, which, let's be honest, is probably overloaded with emergency chocolate.
- 10:00 AM (Room Reconnaissance): Okay, the room? Absolute heaven. Sparkling turquoise water, a balcony where I can practically feel myself relaxing and, most importantly, a mini-bar stocked with…well, I’ll get back to you on what's actually stocked inside, just got there.
- 11:00 AM (Beach Assault): I hit the beach like a crazed dolphin. The sand is so fine, it’s like walking on powdered sugar. Found a prime sunbathing spot (strategically placed between a palm tree and a cocktail waiter). Started applying sunscreen.
- 11:30 AM (Sunscreen SNAFU): Okay, so, I apparently thought I was already tanned. Missed a massive patch on my back (and possibly my nose) and now I'm going to look like a lobster. My own fault.
- 12:00 PM (Lunch at "Breakers Beach Bar"): The menu promises "fresh seafood." The reality is… glorious. Think grilled octopus, crispy calamari, and a view that makes you forget all your life problems (except, perhaps, the impending sunburn).
- 2:00 PM (Pool, Bliss, Repeat): Lounging by the pool, alternating between swimming and basking in the sun like a lizard. This IS the life. I think I'm actually starting to understand what "Zen" is all about.
- 6:00 PM (Sunset Cocktail Drama): The sunset. SPECTACULAR. The cocktail? "Soma Bay Sunset" – a sugary, fruity explosion. Beautiful and potentially deadly. The bartender, however, was definitely flirting with me, which of course, is why I got a double, and I may or may not have had a little mishap with my dress.
- 7:00 PM (Dinner Disaster at the "Lobby Bar"): The restaurant had a buffet, and I'm the type of person who can definitely be the best kind of person at a buffet, or the worst. The food looked gorgeous, but I accidentally spilled my drink… everywhere. The waiter was so kind, though, and everyone was laughing, so it was okay.
Day 2: Diving, Desert, and the Dark Side of the Buffet
- 7:00 AM (Alarm, Groan): My head is doing the cha-cha. Note to self: "Soma Bay Sunset" is a liar and, apparently, so am I.
- 8:00 AM (Breakfast Bravado): Another buffet. Another opportunity for greatness (and potential culinary catastrophe). This time, I'm determined to be sensible. (I had three pastries.)
- 9:00 AM (Dive Briefing): I'm signed up for a scuba-diving excursion and was already regretting the decision. Now I'm trying to remember what a wetsuit even is.
- 10:00 AM (Diving… Or Trying To): The Red Sea is stunning. Fish of every color imaginable, coral that's like something from another planet. I managed to get a camera underwater… and dropped it. But, still, everything was amazing!
- 1:00 PM (Lunch, Debriefing, and the Dreaded Desert Safari): Post-dive meal and more of that gawd-forsaken buffet. Then… that desert safari. I'm not a fan of camels, so the thought of these rides was terrifying.
- 2:00 PM (Desert Safari - Round One): Okay, here we go. The "Dune Bashing" was bumpy, and I'm pretty sure my organs are now rearranged. But! The desert is beautiful, and the sunset is again, something else.
- 5:00 PM (Camels, Chaos, and Catastrophe): The camel ride. Dear God, the camel ride. Trying to stay on the camel. Trying not to think I was allergic to the animals because my face was itching. The camel, however, decided it was time for a nap. The camel threw me off. I landed in a giant pile of sand, giggling.
- 7:00 PM (Dinner and Desert Delights): The desert dinner was a feast. We ate under the stars, and the belly dancers were incredible. I, however, was still covered in sand and slightly traumatised by the camel.
- 9:00 PM (My Room): Exhausted, and happy.
Day 3: Spa Day & Departure Regret (and a Very Important Chocolate Purchase)
- 9:00 AM (Brunch and Body Scrub): More buffet! I went to the spa (after a proper breakfast). The body scrub… divine. I'm now a glistening, aromatic beacon of relaxation.
- 12:00 PM (Poolside Reading and Contemplation of Life Choices): Sipping iced tea, reading my book, and wondering if I should just move to Soma Bay permanently.
- 2:00 PM (Souvenir Shopping, AKA Chocolate Emergency): Panic set in. I realized I hadn't bought anything for anyone. Or, more importantly, for myself. The resort shop was underwhelming, so I had to settle for "nice" chocolate for everyone, and… a massive box of the most decadent, expensive chocolate I've ever seen, for myself.
- 4:00 PM (Packing and Preliminary Panic): Luggage, staring back at me, mocking my inability to pack light. Where did all this stuff even come from?
- 6:00 PM (Farewell Dinner, Possibly with Tears): Another delicious meal. The service is so warm and friendly, I'm actually starting to feel a bit emotional about leaving. I'm going to miss this place.
- 8:00 PM (The Final Soma Bay Sunset, and Saying Goodbye to the Resort): One last sunset over the Red Sea. And one last "Soma Bay Sunset" cocktail, because, YOLO.
- 10:00 PM (The Airport): Ugh. Back to reality. But with a tan, a thousand memories, and a giant box of chocolate. Worth it.
Final Thoughts:
Sheraton Soma Bay Resort? Absolutely. Flawed? Yes. Perfect? No. Memorable? God, YES. I'd go back in a heartbeat, lobster skin and all. The staff, the sun, the sea…it's a little slice of heaven, and honestly, I needed that. And now, about that chocolate…
Guangzhou's BEST Hotel Near the Railway Station & Metro!
Sheraton Soma Bay: Egypt's Paradise... Or Is It? A Messy FAQ
Okay, so... Soma Bay. Is it REALLY paradise? Like, REALLY REALLY?
Alright, let's be real. Paradise? That's a big word. Sheraton Soma Bay? Well… it *tries* to be. The photos? Yeah, they're mostly legit. That Red Sea water IS a ridiculously vibrant turquoise. BUT! (and there's always a but, isn't there?) Paradise is subjective, you know? It's not *perfect*. Think of it like… a really, REALLY well-groomed puppy. Cute, mostly well-behaved, but still capable of leaving a, ahem, *surprise* on the pristine white sands. So, paradise-adjacent? Definitely.
What's the food situation like? Are we talking bland buffet hell or culinary delights?
Oooh, the food. Here's where things get…interesting. The buffet? Kinda predictable. Lots of stuff, sure, but you’re gonna encounter some slightly sad-looking salads and mystery meats. BUT, and this is a big BUT, the a la carte restaurants? They've got potential. I had this absolutely divine shrimp dish at the Italian place one night. Honestly, it was so good, I almost ate the plate. The next day, I went back, expecting fireworks. Nope. It was… mediocre. The chef must have been having an off day. Happens, I guess. Lesson learned: be flexible. Embrace the highs (and the occasional inevitable low) of hotel dining. Pack your own hot sauce. Trust me.
The rooms… are they luxe? Or are we talking slightly-used-airline-blanket vibe?
Okay, so the rooms. They *look* luxe in the photos. And the reality? Pretty good! Spacious, decent bathrooms. My room had a balcony, which was amazing for sunset gazing (and secretly, people-watching). The bed was comfy enough, though the pillows were a bit… flat. Like, seriously, I think I had to fold mine in half just to get some decent head support. Minor complaint, right? But you know, it kind of underscored the whole experience: beautiful, with just a touch of "could be better." And the air conditioning worked, which is basically a miracle in Egypt. So, score one for them there.
How's the beach? Is it packed with sunbathers?
The beach is a HUGE win. Honestly, the best part of the whole experience. The sand is soft, the water is CLEAR… I mean, crystal clear. And, THANK GOD, it wasn't completely overrun. You could find a decent spot without feeling like you were sardines in a can. Now, don't get me wrong, there are definitely sunbathers. Lots of them. But the beach is long enough that you could always find a little pocket of peace. The waves? Gentle enough for a leisurely swim, but enough to keep it from feeling stagnant. One day, I spent practically the entire afternoon floating in the sea, staring up at the sky. Pure bliss. That beach is the reason to go, seriously.
Snorkelling/Diving… is it worth the hype?
Absolutely. A thousand times yes to the diving/snorkelling. The Red Sea is LEGIT. The coral reefs are vibrant, the fish are colourful… I saw stuff I couldn't even identify! I'm not a particularly skilled snorkeler, but even I could see everything. I mean, the water is just so clear. They offer boat trips, and those are worth every penny. One day, I got so close to a sea turtle that I almost reached out and touched it. Almost! (I didn’t, obviously, because you're not supposed to). The underwater world is breathtaking. If you don’t go snorkelling or diving while you're there, you're seriously missing out.
Spa treatments... are they as relaxing as they sound?
Okay, spa treatments. Here's where I have a confession. I'm not a spa person. Never have been, probably never will be. The thought of lying still for an hour while someone rubs lotion on me gives me the heebie-jeebies. But! I forced myself to get a massage. For the sake of "research," of course. The massage *was* nice. I have to admit it. The masseuse was very skilled, and the whole atmosphere was calming. But honestly? I was still secretly thinking about the beach the whole time. So, if you're a spa fanatic, you'll probably love it. If, like me, you'd rather be swimming, maybe skip it and spend the time by the pool. No judgement.
What's the vibe like? Party central? Relaxation station?
Relaxation station, mostly. But with a *little* bit of party thrown in. It's not Ibiza, thank god. It's more like… families, couples, and people who appreciate a chill atmosphere. There's music playing by the pool during the day, and a few bars where you can grab a drink in the evening, but it's not a wild, boisterous place. Which, for me, was perfect. I wanted to unwind, read a book, and escape the noise. And I did. Well, except for the occasional rogue seagull terrorizing the breakfast buffet. Those guys are ruthless.
Any tips for surviving/thriving at the Sheraton Soma Bay?
Okay, here are my hard-earned nuggets of wisdom. First, pack sunscreen. Lots of it. And reapply it constantly. Sunburn is the enemy. Second, learn a few basic Arabic phrases. The staff are incredibly friendly and appreciate the effort. Third, don't be afraid to haggle. Especially at the souvenir shops. You can often get a much better price. Fourth, take a deep breath and embrace the chaos. Things don't always run perfectly, but that's part of the charm. And finally, the most important tip: book a room with a sea view. Trust me. Waking up to that turquoise water every morning is worth every penny. Oh, and don't forget the bug spray. Those pesky little mosquitos loved me. And get ready to be amazed.

