Escape to Paradise: Ruby True Hotel, Myanmar - Your Unforgettable Getaway

Ruby True Hotel Myanmar

Ruby True Hotel Myanmar

Escape to Paradise: Ruby True Hotel, Myanmar - Your Unforgettable Getaway

Escape to Paradise: Ruby True Hotel, Myanmar - My Unfiltered Take!

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because I just got back from the Ruby True Hotel in Myanmar, and let me tell you, it was… an experience. Forget those perfectly-polished hotel reviews, this is the real deal. This is my take, warts and all, SEO be damned (though, you know, I'll try to sneak in some keywords for you Google-bots).

Accessibility: The Rollercoaster

Right off the bat, let's be brutally honest: Accessibility is a bit of a mixed bag. They say they have Facilities for disabled guests, but I didn’t see a ramp to the pool. There's an elevator, which is a huge win, but navigating some of the pathways felt…enthusiastically uneven. Maybe it's a Burmese charm thing? Definitely ask specific questions if you need serious accessibility.

On-site accessible restaurants / lounges? Hmm, that I can't say for sure. I didn't spend time counting every single step, but I'm pretty sure there was one or two… You know what? Call them and ask. Don't rely on me!

Rooms: My Sanctuary (Mostly)

Let's talk Available in all rooms, the good stuff! Air conditioning? Yes, thank god! Alarm clock? Check. Bathrobes and Slippers? YESSS! Because who doesn't love a bit of luxury after a day navigating markets? Free Wi-Fi (yes, in every room!), a godsend for constantly checking my social media feed. Bathroom phone? Who even uses that anymore? But hey, it’s there.

The Blackout curtains were a lifesaver for sleeping off jetlag (and maybe some ahem local beverages…). I mean, the bed was a freaking king-sized cloud of Linens, and I had an extra long bed. Seriously, I felt like a queen! Now, about that window that opens…it was a bit sticky. Just saying. Minor imperfections, but hey, adds to the charm, right?

Cleanliness & Safety: Germophobia's Playground (In a Good Way!)

Okay, I’m a bit of a germaphobe, I won't lie. Cleanliness and safety are major selling points for me these days. And the Ruby True Hotel? They GET IT. Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Rooms sanitized between stays… it was practically a hospital, but a super comfy one. They have a Doctor/nurse on call (nice to know, just in case), First aid kit, and a Hand sanitizer station everywhere. Hygiene certification? Check. They’re even offering Room sanitization opt-out which, for the paranoid like me, is reassuring.

The Dining Experience: Food, Glorious (Mostly) Food!

Alright, let’s talk Dining, drinking, and snacking. This is where things get… flavorful.

  • Restaurants: They have a bunch! Asian cuisine, of course, is a star. The buffet breakfast was a solid start to the day; you could load up on Asian dishes, Western options, and all the Coffee/tea you could drink. The A la carte in restaurant was great too! I tried the international cuisine one night, but the star of the show was the vegetarian restaurant. Yes, I am a sucker for Salad in restaurant.
  • Poolside bar: Ah, the Poolside bar! Perfect for a sundowner with a view. A Happy hour is a must.
  • Room service: Room service [24-hour]! A lifesaver for late-night cravings (and avoiding the sticky window).

Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Spa Day, Baby!

Okay, I have to gush about my spa experience. Honestly, the Spa was the absolute highlight of the trip!

  • Massage: Oh. My. Goodness. I opted for the traditional Burmese massage. I think I achieved a level of zen my therapist said I had never achieved.
  • Sauna, Steamroom, and Pool: After the massage, I spent a glorious hour in the Sauna, followed by the Steamroom and then just floating in the Swimming pool [outdoor]. The Pool with view alone is worth the price of admission.
  • Body Scrub, Body wrap, and Foot bath: Okay, I didn’t go for the full works, but I did treat myself to. The Foot bath was exactly what my tired feet needed!

Services and Conveniences: They Thought of Everything (Almost)

Now, let's quickly run through the Services and conveniences.

  • Concierge: Super helpful.
  • Currency exchange: They got that covered.
  • Luggage storage: Essential.
  • Air conditioning in public area: Praise be.
  • Free Wi-Fi in public areas: Essential for posting your holiday snaps.
  • Food delivery: Always a bonus.
  • Daily housekeeping: Thank you, sweet angels.
  • Safe dining set up, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol: The food was a safe haven.

For the Kids:

I wouldn't know! I did see a Babysitting service though.

Getting Around and Extras

  • Airport transfer: Yes.
  • Car park: Free!
  • Taxi service: Available.

The Not-So-Perfect Bits

Some areas of the hotel are a little dated. The Internet access – LAN was not up to par when I was there. I wished there was Pets allowed. But hey, it’s part of the charm!

My Verdict

Would I recommend the Ruby True Hotel? Absolutely!

The Takeaway for You:

Escape to Paradise: Ruby True Hotel, Myanmar - Your Unforgettable Getaway!

Ready to ditch the daily grind and immerse yourself in the beauty of Myanmar? The Ruby True Hotel offers a unique blend of comfort, culture, and unforgettable experiences. You'll be able to:

  • Relax and Rejuvenate: Bliss out in the spa with authentic Burmese massages, saunas, and refreshing dips in the pool.
  • Explore & Discover: Enjoy delicious Asian and international cuisine in a variety of restaurants.
  • Rest and Recharge: Settle into your comfortable, air-conditioned room with free Wi-Fi and all the amenities you need for a relaxing stay.

Book your getaway now and experience the real magic of Myanmar!

Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Havana Pool Villa in Thailand Awaits!

Book Now

Ruby True Hotel Myanmar

Ruby True Rumble: A Myanmar Mess (and Maybe a Masterpiece?)

Okay, so here's the deal. I booked this trip to Myanmar, thinking it would be all serene temples and mindful monks. Joke's on me, because my brain is currently running at approximately the speed of a caffeinated sloth, and my travel planning skills are roughly on par with a pigeon trying to navigate a GPS. But hey, that's what makes it interesting, right? (Fingers crossed.) We're staying at the Ruby True Hotel - sounds fancy, right? We'll see if it lives up to the hype.

Day 1: Yangon Yikes (and Slightly Disoriented Delight)

  • Early Bird? More Like Early Bird, Slightly Screaming Internally (5:00 AM): Ugh, the flight. I swear, the pre-dawn scramble to get to the airport is always a trauma. Managed to spill coffee all over my favorite travel journal (more on that later, it's practically my therapist). Anyway, plane landed… Yay?
  • Lost in Translation (and Taxis) (9:00 AM): Landing in Yangon, humidity hit me like a warm, sweaty hug. Found a taxi, which was an experience. Haggling is NOT my forte. Felt like a complete idiot. Eventually arrived at the Ruby True. First impressions: Swanky lobby, definitely. But the room… a little cramped. Okay, a LOT cramped. First panic attack of the trip… check!
  • Lunch of Champions (and Regret): Found a little roadside eatery. Ordered what I thought was chicken curry. Turns out it was… well, let's just say it packed a punch. My stomach is currently staging a protest. On the plus side, the locals were incredibly friendly, even when I was awkwardly gesturing and sweating.
  • Paya Perfection (and My Lack of Grace) (2:00 PM): Shwedagon Pagoda. Holy. Moly. Seriously. Gold. Everywhere. It’s breathtaking. I tripped on the steps, nearly face-planted in front of about a thousand of people. Mortification level: expert. But the beauty of the place… it kind of cancels it all out. Spent hours there, just wandering and trying to absorb it all.
  • Sunset Serenade (and Mosquito Mayhem) (6:00 PM): Watching the sunset over the Pagoda was…magical. Until the mosquitoes decided I was an all-you-can-eat buffet. Swatting, cursing under my breath, and trying to maintain some semblance of composure. Dinner was at a tourist trap restaurant and was overpriced.
  • Bedtime Blues (9:00 PM): Can't sleep. The curry, the mosquitoes, the jet lag, the sheer overwhelming-ness of it all. My brain is still buzzing. I feel everything.

Day 2: From Temples to Tantrums (and Maybe I Found a Friend?)

  • Morning Meditation (and Crumbs in the Bed) (7:00 AM): Attempted a little meditation. Lasted roughly 3 minutes before I started itching from the mosquito bites. Discovered a mountain of biscuit crumbs in my bed. The joy of travel.
  • Bagan Bound (and Emotional Vomit) (10:00 AM): Heading to Bagan. The bus journey… oh, the bus journey. It was a long, bump, hot, and sweaty, but it provided me with perfect opportunity to people watch and enjoy the view. I actually started chatting with a local girl named Anya, she spoke English and it was great. The other tourists were also incredibly interesting.
  • Bagan Bliss (and the Dust of Ages) (2:00 PM): Arrived in Bagan. So many temples. The sheer scale of it all is mind-blowing. The air is thick with the dust of ages. Found this tiny, crumbling temple that nobody seemed to visit. Pure, unfiltered serenity. Anya and I climbed to the top of one for sunset together. Best. View. Ever.
  • Sunset So Far Away (6:00 PM): The sunset… It's so beautiful. We found the perfect spot, and sat in comfortable silence, just soaking it all in. It was perfect.
  • Dinner Disaster (and Anya to the Rescue??) (8:00 PM): Went to some food, not sure what to order, it sounded good. The waiter was rude, and I was hungry. I got angry. I started to cry. Anya was there. She saved the night by just getting my ice cream, the world was saved.
  • Night Thoughts and Bedbugs (10:00 PM): The bedbugs are real. I can't sleep again.

Day 3: Inle Lake and (Hopefully) Internal Peace?

  • Early Departure (and a Prayer for Hygiene) (6:00 AM): Bus to Inle Lake. Praying for a less bumpy ride and fewer questionable smells. The bus was empty.
  • Boat Life (and Floating Gardens) (11:00 AM): Arrived at Inle Lake. Holy smokes, this place is gorgeous. The stilt houses, the floating gardens, the fishermen balancing on one leg… it’s like something out of a dream. Took a boat tour. Felt like I was in a travel brochure. Took lots of pictures, and fell in the water.
  • Lunch with Locals (2:00 PM): Stopped at a floating restaurant. The food was fresh, delicious and the conversations with the locals were wonderful.
  • Monastery Madness (and Zen Overload) (4:00 PM): Visited a monastery. Watched the monks chanting. Tried to meditate. Failed miserably. Still, beautiful building, the feeling of peace was a real feeling. Maybe it's starting to work.
  • Sunset on the Lake (and the Absence of Mosquitoes!): The sunset was, again, magical. No bugs, no crowds. Perfect.
  • Dinner and Drinks with Anya (7:00 PM): Found a little restaurant with Anya - we talked for hours. Maybe I’ve made a genuine friend. Maybe Myanmar isn't so bad after all.

Day 4: Back to the Real World (and the Dread of Departure)

  • Goodbye Inle Lake (and a Sad Heart) (8:00 AM): It's time to go. Really didn't want to leave.
  • Back to Yangon (12:00 PM): Back to the Ruby True in Yangon.
  • Farewell Dinner (and a Tiny Bit of Hope) (7:00 PM): Found a really nice restaurant. Ate delicious food. Anya came, and we talked, and held hands.
  • Packing Panic (and the Promise to Return) (9:00 PM): Packing. My bag looks like it's been through a war. But I’ll be back. Promise.

Day 5: So Long, Myanmar (and Hello, Reality)

  • Flight Home (and a Grateful Heart) (8:00 AM): Plane. Airport. Home. This trip was a mess, but a worthwhile one.
  • Post-Travel Meltdown (and a Vow to Plan Better Next Time) (12:00 PM): The trip is over, the memories stay. I feel exhausted now. The next time, however, it won't be the same.

Ruby True Hotel: Well, it was swanky. The staff was friendly. The location was decent. The room was small. Would I stay again? Maybe, but I'd definitely request a bigger room and bring my own mosquito repellent.

Myanmar: Chaotic, beautiful, frustrating, and endlessly fascinating. It tested my patience, challenged my comfort zone, and occasionally made me want to crawl into a ball and cry. But it also filled my soul with something… more. 10/10. Would (probably) recommend. Just pack the bug spray. And maybe a therapist.

Kalamazoo's BEST Staybridge Suites? (IHG Review Inside!)

Book Now

Ruby True Hotel Myanmar

Escape to Paradise: Ruby True Hotel, Myanmar - Your Unforgettable Getaway? (Maybe!)

Okay, so you're thinking about Ruby True, huh? Myanmar? Paradise? Buckle up, buttercup, because this ain't your glossy brochure kind of FAQ. I'm gonna tell you the *real* deal, the good, the bad, and the utterly bewildering. Let's just dive in, shall we?

1. Is it REALLY like the pictures? Because, you know, Instagram lies and all that...

Okay, so… partly. The pool? Stunning. Absolutely jaw-dropping. Picture-worthy to make your friends green with envy. But the pictures also conveniently omit the slight… mold smell that sometimes wafts from the bathroom (especially after a monsoon – more on that later). And the perfectly manicured lawns don't quite prepare you for the army of curious geckos that will absolutely stare you down from the ceiling of your bungalow at night. They're harmless, but trust me, after flight delays and dealing with the local transportation it's not ideal companions. Did I mention the WIFI? Don't hold your breath.

2. What's the food like? 'Cause I NEED coffee and something other than instant noodles after a 30-hour trip.

Oh, the food. It's an adventure, my friends. The Ruby True Cafe (or whatever they call it, I can't recall, really) offers a mix of Burmese classics and "Westernized" options. The coffee? Hit or miss. Some mornings it's strong enough to raise the dead, other times it's lukewarm brown water. Order the Burmese breakfast: the tea leaf salad is amazing but watch for the little bugs. Like, *tiny* bugs. Nothing serious, just adds a little… protein? The buffet? Bless their hearts, they try. But it can get a little repetitive if you stay for more than a few days. Pro-tip: Venture out. There's a little local place down the road… you'll thank me later... assuming you have GPS (and phone signal, which is also a gamble).

3. The Bungalows – Are They Luxurious, or Just… Bungalows?

Let's call them… rustic. They're charming! In the sense that they have character. And that character is a mix of "slightly crumbling" and "charming but potentially infested with things I'm NOT going to find out about." My bungalow? Had a view. A *stunning* view of the jungle. Which also meant… the jungle. And all its inhabitants. There was a MASSIVE spider in the corner one night. I screamed. Loudly. The staff were lovely and eventually dealt with it, but the memory... lingers. (Carry bug spray. Seriously. And maybe a small, portable noise maker, just in case.)

4. Okay, about the Service… Is it Amazing or That Confusing Southeast Asian Mix?

Confusing, but in a good way! The staff are SO incredibly kind and genuinely want to help. Communication, though… It's an adventure. Expect some pointing. A lot of smiling. And maybe a few misinterpretations. I once ordered a "smoothie" and got a lukewarm glass of… something greenish. Still not entirely sure what it was. But they were so genuinely apologetic when I politely declined it, I almost felt *bad* for not drinking it. And they brought me a REAL smoothie the next day, no extra charge. The service is kind, even if it isn't always perfect. But that's part of the charm, right?

5. Location, Location, Location… Is it Actually Near Anything?

It depends on your definition of "near." It's remote. Which is kind of the point, right? The hotel offers tours. Expensive tours. They're okay, but maybe try haggling. The nearby town is… quaint. Let's leave it at that. I, personally, loved the remoteness. It's a perfect place to hide for a bit in the world.

6. The Pool – Really? It's THAT good?

Okay, here's where it gets serious. THE POOL. It's not just the pool. It's the **experience**. Picture this: You've been sweating buckets, battling the humidity, navigating the chaos of local transportation, and the relentless sun. You’re half-dead. Then, you step out onto that perfectly manicured deck and… BAM! Crystal-clear turquoise water reflecting the azure sky. Palm trees swaying. A gentle breeze. The world melts away. I could have stayed in that pool *forever*. Seriously. I think I spent a solid three days just floating, reading, and occasionally emerging to order another overpriced cocktail. Worth every penny. The pool? Absolute, unadulterated perfection. Don't skip it. That, my friends, is paradise.

7. Is it safe? Should I be worried about… stuff?

My experience was safe. Myanmar is a beautiful and welcoming country, and the hotel felt secure. Like with any travel, common sense applies. Don't flash your cash. Keep your valuables locked up. Be aware of your surroundings. But overall, I felt perfectly safe during my stay. More worried about the bugs, to be honest.

8. Okay, So… Would You Go Back?

You know what? Despite the mold smell, the questionable smoothies, the creepy crawlies in the bungalow, and the occasional communication breakdown… YES. Absolutely. In a heartbeat. The flaws are part of its charm. The kindness of the people, the beauty of the landscape, the sheer bliss of that pool… it all adds up to something truly special. It's not a polished, perfect resort experience. It's more like a slightly rough-around-the-edges adventure. And I loved every messy, chaotic, unforgettable minute of it. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to start saving for my return trip. And this time, I'm packing double the bug spray. And more coffee.

Blog Hotel Search Site

Ruby True Hotel Myanmar

Ruby True Hotel Myanmar